Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zerker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2013
Hello everyone, I just posted a youtube video of a speedtest of iPhone 5 vs Nexus 4, I hope you guys like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
What was the point of this? Some apps load faster on an iphone 5?

And using a Nexus 4? Many people are having issues with the LG Nexus 4. Why not compare with HTC One or SGS4?

There are so many other reasons to own a phone and the relative speed of loading certain games seems pretty low on my list of important features to be evaluated before making a purchase decision.

Cheers,

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX

And using a Nexus 4? Many people are having issues with the LG Nexus 4. Why not compare with HTC One or SGS4?

There are so many other reasons to own a phone and the relative speed of loading certain games seems pretty low on my list of important features to be evaluated before making a purchase decision.

Cheers,

You clearly didn't read the video description where he extolls the scientific merit of his test and that other tests aren't as scientifically accurate. :rolleyes:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Is there a way to rip the music from a YouTube video to a cassette tape? I want to play this really loud in my car and on my boom box.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
It looks like the poster deleted the cache on all of the games on the nexus 4. My galaxy nexus launches all those games much faster and the nexus 4 is a much faster phone. Theres no reason to dump the cache on the game and its not even possible to do on the iphone.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
It's a silly comparison because apps written for two different OS's might as well be two different apps. Better off using benchmark apps which still carry little merit IMO.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the comparison. It just showed some things are faster on the n4 and some are faster on the iphone 5...

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
What the hell is going on in this video...

I see an Xbox card, an Apple computer, and some Windows 8 device as the purposeful background of a very non-methodical, sketchy speed test. Try again.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
What the hell is going on in this video...

I see an Xbox card, an Apple computer, and some Windows 8 device as the purposeful background of a very non-methodical, sketchy speed test. Try again.

haha. There really was a lot of mayhem going on in that video. How about at the end when the camera just slowly starts to float upwards.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Whats the point in needing every conceivable gadget he owns in the frame while he doe it? And why does he need an Xbox Live Membership card in shot?

Everything about the video screams "I'm a 13 year old who's parents have spoiled me, and I need to show off".

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Whats the point in needing every conceivable gadget he owns in the frame while he doe it? And why does he need an Xbox Live Membership card in shot?

Everything about the video screams "I'm a 13 year old who's parents have spoiled me, and I need to show off".

I think that's going a bit far, but really, why was there an Xbox Live card between the phones OP?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011

Cheers,

Because the iPhone 5 is the flagship phone of the OS maker Apple.
The Nexus 4 is the flagship phone of the OS maker Google.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Because the iPhone 5 is the flagship phone of the OS maker Apple.
The Nexus 4 is the flagship phone of the OS maker Google.

Seems like a stretch if you leave out cost.

It would be like comparing a high end Mercedes to a high end Toyota. Both are nice and both are high end models (flagships) but one is significantly more expensive and is better in nearly every way which it should be because of the price.

I'm not seeing twice the performance on the iPhone 5. It's my opinion that the N4 shouldn't hold a candle to the iPhone 5, but it does and even excels at certain things.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Is there a way to rip the music from a YouTube video to a cassette tape? I want to play this really loud in my car and on my boom box.

Rip it instead to your computer, copy to your phone, and use one of those cassette adapters. Boom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.