Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is putting up new banners promoting iOS 7 at the Moscone Center where its Worldwide Development Conference is taking place next week, as noticed by MacStories.

The company had previously confirmed that the next version of the iOS operating system would be unveiled at WWDC. The extremely simple banner features a svelte number 7 against a minimalist background.

Click image for full size
The banner is very different stylistically from the more traditional iOS 6 banners that Apple used last year.

Some of the banners already up at the Moscone Center include the tagline 'Where a whole new world's developing'.

WWDC begins Monday with the conference opening with Apple's annual keynote presentation. The company is expected to unveil iOS 7, OS X 10.9, the iRadio streaming music service and new Mac notebook models.

Update: The 7 appears to be from Helvetica Neue Ultra Light, an extremely thin variant of Helvetica.

thin7.jpg

Article Link: Minimalist iOS 7 Banner Goes Up at Moscone West for WWDC 2013

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
This is it.. Timing could not be more timely...

My upgrade eligible date for smartphone is coming tuesday.. so apple.. it's your job to show me something.. PLease.. I still beg that apple will blow me away and convince me to stay w/ iphone.. Do your thang

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
DAMN that's a nice font.

Also, less than 3 days before we see more than just the number 7. In fact, I'm fairly sure that's the number I've seen the most over the last few weeks...

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Definitely different than anything we've seen before from the graphics dept. Usually it is the number on an app icon-style logo.

Even the typography is intriguing. Very cool.

pirg

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2013
So glad I switched to iPhone. Can't wait to see what they've got

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
This simplicity better not mean removing features from a already limited feature set.

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Even though this is just a banner, this is a total design change from what they've done in the past like that embedded link in the article shows. I'm very excited to see the changes now.

csixty4

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Somerville, MA
I can see it now. "This is our thinnest and lightest seven ever."

This definitely looks like a hint toward a new visual style. Monday should be the most interesting Apple keynote of the past couple years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.