Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrynnFlynn

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
I have a bit of a weird situation.

See, we have two cats. TC is 13, and getting a little creaky in her old age. Baron is 8, tubby, and acts every inch his name. He also has a history of peeing where he's not supposed to. We've never been able to identify why exactly he does it; it's not UTI, it's not stress... But someone, most likely him, has been peeing on our entry hall mat. This has been happening every night for the past week or so, even after cleaning it with everything under the sun and even replacing the mat.

I would like to set up a web cam to see who exactly is doing it, and when. That way if we need to medicate someone I'm not medicating the wrong cat. I have a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard, and a web cam. Does anyone have a recommendation for an app to help me solve this?

BrynnFlynn

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Here is a free app that looks like it will do what you want. Have not used it myself, so can't offer a review.

Perfect, thank you so much! I had used one on my PC previously, but the Mac Mini is the only one I'd want to move around the house for this purpose.

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
Here is a free app that looks like it will do what you want. Have not used it myself, so can't offer a review.

Thanks Weaselboy, iSentry looks great for free :D
The only problem is though that it doesn't detect motion in a dark room:(

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I have a bit of a weird situation.

See, we have two cats. TC is 13, and getting a little creaky in her old age. Baron is 8, tubby, and acts every inch his name. He also has a history of peeing where he's not supposed to. We've never been able to identify why exactly he does it; it's not UTI, it's not stress... But someone, most likely him, has been peeing on our entry hall mat. This has been happening every night for the past week or so, even after cleaning it with everything under the sun and even replacing the mat.

I would like to set up a web cam to see who exactly is doing it, and when. That way if we need to medicate someone I'm not medicating the wrong cat. I have a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard, and a web cam. Does anyone have a recommendation for an app to help me solve this?

Try one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Internet-Security-Smartphone-smartphone-internet/dp/B006LYRXJK

or even better one of these

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/...amera/189183?gclid=CKGhzLf90rcCFRLJtAodPScA9g

Then you will know who is to blame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.