Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc_2013_logo-250x239.jpg
With Apple's 2013 Worldwide Developer's Conference kicking off on Monday, some users are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about Monday's announcements.

Update: Apple will be streaming the event live to both its website and Apple TV. We will also post the archived stream here after the event is over.

Video Posted: The video has been posted, but spoiler-free viewers should be aware that there are major spoilers located at the bottom of that page. Users should be sure to shrink their browsers vertically or turn their iOS devices into landscape mode in order to avoid viewing the spoilers.

Article Link: WWDC 2013 Spoiler Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I don't have a choice this year...have a hugely important exam Monday afternoon. It's going to take all my will not to go online. WWDC always ends up being on exam week :(

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Have been spoiler-free for the last 3 years now!! Let's do this! Also, trying to go Spoiler-Free with the E3 Press Conference Events too over at NeoGaf...Let's hope that goes well too!

Thanks MacRumors for once again creating this thread!

Lastly, here is voidness' official keynote checker for the event (not updated yet): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Good luck guys!

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
Can I resist this year? Do I have the willpower? Should I go to the gym instead and start working out?

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
Have been spoiler-free for the last 3 years now!! Let's do this! Also, trying to go Spoiler-Free with the E3 Press Conference Events too over at NeoGaf...Let's hope that goes well too!

Thanks MacRumors for once again creating this thread!

Lastly, here is voidness' official keynote checker for the event (not updated yet): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Good luck guys!

Wow! Any tips how to manage it? I'm afraid I might blow up if I try.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Wow! Any tips how to manage it? I'm afraid I might blow up if I try.

1st off: set your homepage to open to a blank page instead of your tab page on your browser - so many ppl in the past have fallen trap to this

2nd: turn off all notifications on your smartphone - twitter, fb, email, etc. People have found out the hard way

3rd: bookmark this page and also go out for a walk, a jog, read a good book! helps pass the time enormously!

good luck

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
There hasn't been a live stream in ages.

Actually last October there was a live video stream provided by Apple, and they also had built an Apple TV app to stream directly to the Apple TV which made/makes it seem probable/possible that it will be live streamed again this time. Last time the news came out on early morning of the day of the conference itself so it may be the same this year.

Pietro

Billy Boo Bob

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
Dark Side Of The Moon
Keep in mind, too... They'll probably post a streaming version first, which is most likely what you'll get here right away...

If you want to wait for a downloaded podcast version you can subscribe to the "Apple Keynotes" podcast at:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes/id275834665?mt=2

This will take you to a web page where you can then "View in iTunes"... Once in iTunes, use the "Subscribe" button.

Note: When you first subscribe it will probably start to automatically download the latest one already out (Special Event October 2012). You can just stop that download and wait...

Once the WWDC keynote is ready to download as a podcast it will automatically download into iTunes.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
I've just received an email from Rabbit saying they'll broadcast the Keynote live.
That possibly means that Apple will stream it live, otherwise where would they be getting their stream from?

EDIT: this what the email said.

Monday, June 10 at 10am PT

What's Apple announcing this year? iRadio? iOS 7? Join us in Rabbit to watch the WWDC keynote with all of us who lost the ⌘R quickdraw.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Now that school is done, this is going to be hard for me to resist.

----------

I've just received an email from Rabbit saying they'll broadcast the Keynote live.
That possibly means that Apple will stream it live, otherwise where would they be getting their stream from?

i think they mean that they will be streaming live and will go over as products get announced? like some commentary or something.

designaholic

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Maan, I'm really excited about this one. Usually it's hard not too feel a little disappointed after the keynotes, but I reckon this will be chock-full of nice surprises :apple: :)

d4rk

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011

EDIT: this what the email said.

Monday, June 10 at 10am PT

What's Apple announcing this year? iRadio? iOS 7? Join us in Rabbit to watch the WWDC keynote with all of us who lost the ⌘R quickdraw.

I agree with the other reply. This is most likely referring to live commentary about the event as most news sites are offering something similar. Typically if an Apple event is streamed live we don't find out until the morning of the event.

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
LOVE these non spoiler threads. Really cant wait to watch the keynote. Haven't been this excited for one in ages! I guess it's because I'm planning on buying the Haswell 15" rMBP they hopefully announce.

Watching them unveil the refreshed iOS and OSX operating systems is going to be phenomenal. In my mind this is the first true post Steve Jobs era keynote.

wdw_

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2002
Sequestration time! Love it. I've been spoiler free since I was 12, back in the 90s. I've been spoiler free most of my life, come to think of it.

It would be nice if they'd give us a live stream. They do it every once and a while. They used to do it for EVERY keynote back in like 2000. With all the server farms they own, it seem like it'd be relatively simple to stream their events.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.