Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dowjohnny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Hi everybody,

i have the Macbook Air Superdrive for my MBA and take it a lot with me. The air is in a sleeve but the drive just goes in my backpack and i don't really like that.. I wouldn't mind some marks/scuffs but i always fear that there will be some internal damage when i flung the backpack around etc..

Can anyone recommend a solution like a sleeve for it? As far as i know there are no dedicated sleeves but maybe one that is designed for digital cameras / HDDs etc. could fit?

How do you travel with your superdrive?

Thanks for your advice!

best

Dowjohnny

kokako

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
check out your local Muji store - they have some great cases, I bought some great cases for microphones etc, I'm sure you'll find something black and minimalist that has padding and fits the superdrive.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just looking at the dimensions (5.5 x 5.5") it looks a like a cheap Amazon Kindle sleeve would work.

Dowjohnny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Just looking at the dimensions (5.5 x 5.5") it looks a like a cheap Amazon Kindle sleeve would work.

Thats a nice idea, i'll check that out. Otherwise i will go to a local electronics store and see, if a case for any other device could fit! :D

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
i did a quick google search, looks like they do make them.

check this one out:
Amazon US

that's a protective case as opposed to a sleeve but it might be perfect for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.