Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
maybe a stretch but it just clicked on me. maybe that's a hint that they're releasing the cheaper iphones for developing countries... hence the colorful banners which means cheaper iphone will come in different colors. i would also go as far as plastic colorful iphones that are transparent ala old gen macs since the banners also overlaps each other. :eek:

hope im right... :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
pretty sure the whole colors thing was suggested awhile ago.

as for developing countries, i doubt thats the main reason. even people in developed countries have trouble affording an $800 phone. im sure they want to compete with other phone companies that can offer free-$99 subsidized phones with new contracts. i think it has to do more with helping get more phone, into more hands than targeting only developing nations. its simple marketing of the product to lower price range minded consumers. not everyone is willing to shell out the big bucks for a phone. once you make that available to people, you can get them out of a cheap Pantech and into an idevice.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
It's not a bad idea, actually. If Apple were to announce cheaper iPhones today (which I doubt but let's play along), I wonder what that would mean for the update cycle of the iPhone Prime (I'm coining the term now).

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
cheaper iphones for the developing countries coming out this summer and iphone flagship will be fall.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
When people want cheaper iphone all they have to buy is the previous iphone model like right now the 4 or 4s

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
maybe a stretch but it just clicked on me. maybe that's a hint that they're releasing the cheaper iphones for developing countries... hence the colorful banners which means cheaper iphone will come in different colors. i would also go as far as plastic colorful iphones that are transparent ala old gen macs since the banners also overlaps each other. :eek:

hope im right... :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Nyet comrade...

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
First of all, even an iPhone 3GS is a very, very expensive phone for people in the developing parts of the world. Those of us who have grown up in an industrialised nation tend to forget that very easily, since our view of poverty is that of a relative poverty and not absolute poverty. Even our poor would be considered really well off in most places...

Going in to the "a whole new world developing", I think it has to do with the converging of iOS and OS X. That it'll be easier for developers to port an application from one OS to the other, that the syncing process through iCloud (which apparently is a real PITA) will be a lot easier to implement and so on.

The "new world" being the "fusion" of the two operating systems. Maybe they'll even introduce some kind of intermediate OS meant for iPads, which would go hand in hand with the recent development of tablets that can be used as notebooks, or vice versa, using a proper operating system.

That's my guess. The converging of iOS and OS X either by pushing them closer together, or by releasing some kind of iOS X for iPad, because the iPad is done being just a big iPhone with no phone app.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
When people want cheaper iphone all they have to buy is the previous iphone model like right now the 4 or 4s

Exactly, people just like to demand things they can already have. And multi-colored plastic phones? That will be the sign of Apple dying with a whimper.

mumph

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
Actually on reflection I might go with apps for the 'iWatch' that would explain the colours.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Actually on reflection I might go with apps for the 'iWatch' that would explain the colours.

No way an iWatch is being announced today. No way. Also, no way they'll tell developers to develop for an iWatch without announcing the iWatch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.