Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A short time ago, Apple brought back its "Apple Events" channel for Apple TV, confirming that it will be offering live video streaming of today's media event. Apple has now updated its site to promote a live stream available online, making the broadcast available to a much broader audience.

wwdc_2013_keynote_stream.jpg
The teaser text on Apple's main page reads: "View streaming video from today's big event starting at 10 a.m. PDT."

The video stream requires Safari 4 or later on a minimum of Mac OS X Snow Leopard, or iOS 4.2 or later for those accessing the stream from a mobile device. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with a minimum of software version 5.0.2.

Apple's event kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and MacRumors will have full coverage of the event's announcements.

Update 5:34 AM: Apple has also issued a press release announcing the live video stream.

Article Link: WWDC 2013 Keynote Live Video Stream Available via Apple's Website

Burntfender

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2009
Yay! Now I don't have to go through the massive struggle of attempting to read blog updates at 4am my time. Woo!

spiderman0616

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2010
My wife is home all day today and couldn't care less that this is happening, and I'm stuck at work all day. I should have planned ahead and taken today off. I would love to be able to watch this on Apple TV instead of follow along on blogs via a web browser while I work.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
No Windows support it seems, for all those who might be at work on a Windows computer!

Live Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.

Vip

macrumors regular
May 8, 2008
singing

"Don't you wish you had an Apple TV like me, Don't ya"

c5bill

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2007
Massachusetts
I hope it works with Windows - stupid work computer/:mad:

The video stream requires Safari 4 or later on a minimum of Mac OS X Snow Leopard, or iOS 4.2 or later for those accessing the stream from a mobile device. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with a minimum of software version 5.0.2.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
This is gonna sound stupid but can you watch this in google crome on a macbook

You took a risk and now pay the price. If you had taken 10 secs to read the article you're commenting on you would know the answer is "No". Congrats.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Awesome! Hope the stream doesn't keep freezing like it did last time.

I bet a lot of blogs and YouTubers feel stupid when Apple decide to stream their keynotes live. All the viewers they would have had later just disappeared :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.