Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Taken from last game by Raven:

This is a simple Werewolves game. About 10 players are needed.

The rules are a throwback to the simpler days of Werewolville. Two (or three, if number of players permit) werewolves, a hunter (that protects -- can self-protect, cannot protect the same person consecutively -- but doesn't insta-kill) and a seer (that scans players, living or dead).

I am, however, throwing in a twist: the seer is telepathic. Every night, the seer can additionally send a message to any player in the game (via the GG -- in other words, the seer PMs the GG the message and who he/she wants it sent to, and if the GG approves, the GG will PM the player with the message). The player will not know who sent the message, and the seer is not permitted to name any names in the message. However, if the seer sends a message to a werewolf, the werewolves will receive the message and kill the seer (this overrides their choice for that night's kill, and also overrides the hunter's protection if he/she happens to be protecting the seer that night).

NOTE: Players are NOT permitted to post the messages publicly, but can allege that they received a message and what it says, in their own words. In other words, no cut-and-pasting!

The night action order is:

Hunter protects;
Seer sends message;
Wolves kill;
Seer scans.

ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THIS GAME WILL HAVE NIGHTLY DEADLINES.

PLAYERS:

1) twietee
2) woodnufc
3) tomorrow
4) sythas
5) don't panic
6) ss
7) mo
8) pluto
9) comeagain
10)
11)

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Mscriv, what about [WW], you retired? :eek: :(

Twietee posted this is another thread in which we were conversing, but I thought I would answer it here. I would love to play in a WW game or even take a shot at hosting another one. However, my schedule is completely jammed right now and I don't have the time required. As most of you know, when I play WW I like to give it my all, sometimes to my own over analytical detriment. :p Alas, for now I'll have to sit on the sidelines, but maybe in a little while I can clear some things from my plate and I'll have the time to participate.

So, carry on without me and have fun. Don't let Pluto, Queen, Moyank or any other "shifty characters" get away with anything! And for goodness sakes, Don't Panic about Don't Panic's playing style. He's unique. ;)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Who's actually running the game? I was under the impression it would be probably you and QoS, Comeagain?? Anyway my boss is on holiday for one more week, so let's get things started soon!! :D

Hope you' ll have a comeback someday, mscriv!

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Who's actually running the game? I was under the impression it would be probably you and QoS, Comeagain?? Anyway my boss is on holiday for one more week, so let's get things started soon!! :D

Hope you' ll have a comeback someday, mscriv!

geez, thanks twietee.

----

looking for 2 more to make 11

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Well, rick, you're newer than me at this game. I wanted to be paired with an old fart vet, so feel free to take this game on yourself. You seem to know the rules well enough to offer, I'm sure you can handle it.

In which case, I'll join as a player.

Last edited:

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
with queen going out, which i understand the reasoning...i can't do a game by myself yet. only reason i was trying was due to qos helping out.

does anyone wanna take over GG? and i can help out so i can get a better handle on doing it myself next?

thanks

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
One of these days we are going to have to put on an epic game. These boys won't know what hit them. ;)

Yes! This has to happen.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will just sit around and wait for it to happen....
skeleton-on-bench250.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.