Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
which day does the new iOS usually get announced?Like we all know with the keynotes they talk about how iOS has changed, it's features, how many people use it, then they get to unveiling the new phone.

alexnewtron

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
which day does the new iOS usually get announced?Like we all know with the keynotes they talk about how iOS has changed, it's features, how many people use it, then they get to unveiling the new phone.

Traditionally, Apple announces new Hardware and Software the first day. The rest of the conference is for the developers.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Today. The other days are sessions for developers. They announce on the first day so that they can do talks on implementing the new features.

In the WWDC app there are many sessions that are "To Be Announced" which means they deal with a new feature/API in iOS 7/10.9.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Thanks guys. Idk if I wanna unjailbreak for iOS 7 but I'll see about it when it comes out lol. If theres like no new useful features I'll be staying jailbroken

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
You mean the betas? Yeah I'm excited too.
Yeah the betas. I'm sure they'll find a way to jb the betas....hopefully. Oh god damn that's a scary thought. Oh well I'm sure I can say goodbye to a jailbreak if the betas are good.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
Slightly off topic; could this mean anything?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 16.32.58.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 16.32.58.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 148

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
Probably not. They don't usually release stuff this time of year anymore. Maybe a new mac or something or those other products that hardcore apple fans buy

Is it possible OS X.9 will be released today? Or in the next week or so as it won't be relying on a flagship model, and if there is a supposed MacBook Air or Mac Pro update would they not ship with 10.9?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Is it possible OS X.9 will be released today? Or in the next week or so as it won't be relying on a flagship model, and if there is a supposed MacBook Air or Mac Pro update would they not ship with 10.9?

No.

Devs. need to test it and use it to make their apps compatible first.

My guess is a Sept. Launch

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011

No. They haven't even done a beta period for it yet, so there is zero chance it will be released today. Considering they have done a billion betas of each 10.8.x release, there is no chance they would do a major release without a single one.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Yeah the betas. I'm sure they'll find a way to jb the betas....hopefully. Oh god damn that's a scary thought. Oh well I'm sure I can say goodbye to a jailbreak if the betas are good.

i dont jailbreak so i'll be updating my iPhone 4S anyways :D but i'll probably leave my MBP downloding the IPSW While im in college if they release it before i leave my house. So when i get home at 9pm i'll just install it on my iphone :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.