Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like the look of iOS 7?

• Yes

Votes: 174 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 66 22.2%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • I'll have to wait and see how it is in real use

Votes: 47 15.8%

• Total voters

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
How about a campaign for all those who hate this new OS? Do not update so Apple sort this.

Most people like these announcements now they have finished off Apple with this awful Windows and Android copy.

Please only reply if you are in the don't like it category.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
This is pathetic.

This isn't like Windows Phone. It isn't like Android in any way except.. err... icons?

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I'm actually quite impressed by everything except the fugly homescreen/icons.

Really surprised, looks like they actually added some serious functionality and the in app experience looks gorgeous. Currently jailbroken, thought I wouldn't go anywhere near this but now, I'm not so sure.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
The "I don't like iOS 7" thread

Figured I'd put something up to prevent 50 different threads saying the same thing.

You're welcome.

rpe33

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
How about a campaign for all those who hate this new OS? Do not update so Apple sort this.

Most people like these announcements now they have finished off Apple with this awful Windows and Android copy.

Please only reply if you are in the don't like it category.

Wow, you really are on a trolling binge, aren't you?

iwasbored3

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2013
So don't update. Who's forcing you to?

Stop trolling. Apple used to stand for something, even just a year ago. As a customer, this guy has an opinion, so how about you stop the succinct "Oh, don''t update, don't update then. If you hate it so much, why don't you marry it."

The FACT stands that this is the end of Apple as a pioneer of user interface design

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Stop trolling. Apple used to stand for something, even just a year ago. As a customer, this guy has an opinion, so how about you stop the succinct "Oh, don''t update, don't update then. If you hate it so much, why don't you marry it."

The FACT stands that this is the end of Apple as a pioneer of user interface design

If anyone is trolling, it's the guy who is basically copying and pasting that Apple is dead.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
Yes.

This is the first truly 3D interface on a phone. Looks beautiful. No way to tell what it will feel like without using it, but I'm confident Apple got it right.

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011
I think some parts of it are very nice (parallax wallpaper, tranparency, blur effects). I don't like the new icons+dock or all the "whiteness" of it.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Very good overall, some things needs investigating like the camera app and multitasking before any final judgement.

jacobss

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2012
Netherlands
I'm open minded about changes like this and I honestly think the colors look a bit too bright but that really isn't a problem for me and I think it's nice, can't wait to try it.

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
I love the new UI, not a massive fan of some of those icons though (Settings icon in particular). But overall, Apple smashed this release out of the park. Can't wait to update!

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
If they are copying android I wish they would just go ahead and do it. I am a hardcore apple fan every since I ditched my galaxy s. however,was holding a note 2 the other day and playing with the features and secretly envied it.

Sales will tell I assume.

I'm still a little bitter about having a ipad 3 that I feel is becoming obsolete after 1 year.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
I think some parts of it are very nice (parallax wallpaper, tranparency, blur effects). I don't like the new icons+dock or all the "whiteness" of it.

The icons and the demoed background was less than appealing but hopefully with another background it will be better.

Overall it looks like a os Id want to try.

Will definitely keep some devices on 6 for the classic look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.