Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alchemist

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2004
UK
No Apple Events Showing?

Hi all. My Apple TV 2.0 here in the UK isn't showing an Apple Events icon. Any ideas why? It's jailbroken using ATV Flash from Firecore, but that's not affected anything in the past. I've tried a restart but no joy.

Is the icon appearing for other UK/ATV Flash users?

Cheers!

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Its on UK apple TV

I know it is for some, but it's not for me. It worked with the last Apple event in October when they announced the mini (I watched it on this ATV), but there's no icon there today. I've rebooted several times, I've played with Parental Controls, and nothing. Still have the stupid Election 2012 WSJ icon, though.

My box is jailbroken and possibly one software update behind, but don't want to start playing around with that today - still it could be that possibly??

wes-

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
I think it has something to do with xbmc being the first icon on the second row, I think that is the default keynote position.

muuhamed

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
Guys with JB Apple TV 2nd gen on 5.0.2, are you getting anything because it wont appear on mine :(

J400uk

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I know it is for some, but it's not for me. It worked with the last Apple event in October when they announced the mini (I watched it on this ATV), but there's no icon there today. I've rebooted several times, I've played with Parental Controls, and nothing. Still have the stupid Election 2012 WSJ icon, though.

My box is jailbroken and possibly one software update behind, but don't want to start playing around with that today - still it could be that possibly??

Same problem here, I'm in the UK and its definitely not showing. Have tried rebooting a couple of times. Running iOS 5.02 and it worked last time they did an event.

TheRealHershey

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Icon wouldn't show up on my jailbroken ATV 2 on the latest JBable version of iOS, but i know it's over 5.0.2. Restarting didn't work, either. Oh well, Apple.com on the iPhone + Airplay work.

bigrustyjc

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2005
Stopped Working for me

Anyone else have issues with the stream. Worked pretty well for the first half hour or so, then it has completely stopped. I've tried it on all of my iOS devices and my mac. Even tried going on LTE from my phone, all no go. It's pretty disappointing. Anyone else have similar issues?

JayEl

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
I can start it, but the it's simply the spinning circle.... Lagging....lagging...lagging...:(

Speedy2

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2008
The stream didn't work properly. The first 10 minutes were fine, after that it broke down every 2 minutes.

Worked fine on my Mac.

Disappointing!

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Just for documentation (in case someone from Apple reads this)...

The stream was absolutely awesome!

It was perfect!

Right up until the point where anything cool was announced, and BOOM there went the feed.

The first, maybe 15-20 minutes were great. Then when the actual announcements came, all done, spinning wheel time. All I can think is that people tweeted or yelled over the cube walls "hey here it comes" and there would be a flood of connects at the same time, killing my ATV feed.

This was all on the 1080p ATV2 - I didn't think to try my other Macs.

itouch rulz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
I have plenty of books, on my bookshelves in a different room. I rent currently so can't remove those 'media' shelves. Thanks for your concern!

My comment was for aesthetic reasons only not literary or education. Book shelves look better with books in them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.