Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Amazing! Apple really delivered.

They really listened to us because most of the features we wanted from jailbreaks were implemented. I was actually shocked by how many JB features they added.

iOS 7 is a result of the JB community.

Sweet.

jared52

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
It's probably the reason they don't put an end to jailbreaking. It certainly drives innovation.

I'm holding out hope that they will implement the ability to reply to a text message without leaving the app you're in. That's the only jailbreak feature I miss.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
It's probably the reason they don't put an end to jailbreaking. It certainly drives innovation.

I'm holding out hope that they will implement the ability to reply to a text message without leaving the app you're in. That's the only jailbreak feature I miss.

When they showed quick reply in the OS X notification centre I was certain it was gonna come to iOS. Shame.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Thats probably the biggest reason I still jailbreak.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012

It seems like that might be coming soon, since they've added it in to OS X.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Still missing gestures. Gestures make perfect sense. Love being able to turn off my screen with a swipe while driving, or close an app with swipe. Breaking my home button when out of warranty gives me nightmares...

Looks like the rest was covered for me:
1)Backgrounder looks to be implemented (somewhat)
2)NC settings on steroids
3)Live weather

I could nearly live without jailbreak now.

jared52

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2010
I thought the same thing when I saw the OS X quick reply. Just seems like a no brainer, but they always tout new features in the fall as well when they release new hardware so maybe they will then?

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
It's a combination of reasons.

First it's the iPhone enthusiasts jailbreaking to make their phones more usable and relevant to each individuals work flow, or lifestyle.

Second it's the wonderful influence of Android which has really given Apple a run for it's money when it comes to nearly every aspect of making a smartphone fast, functional and adaptable to the users particular needs.

Once again proving that nothing beats competition to push a company like Apple.

jaenicky

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
Yeah first thing that came to my mind when I saw ios7. I'm not afraid to update and lose my jail break now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.