Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aj350z

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
Ok now something seems wrong on this. I just checked and I can get 1 GB for $0.99 for 7 days but then that would mean 4 GB for $4 a month. What's the catch?

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Ok now something seems wrong on this. I just checked and I can get 1 GB for $0.99 for 7 days but then that would mean 4 GB for $4 a month. What's the catch?

I'm thinking it's a limited time thing.

I have a Nexus 7 with an AT&T account. I don't get this deal when I log into my account on the website. It's only for iPad accounts.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

Nothing is wrong. Its a 7 days only ;) promotional

aj350z

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
One time deal? As in only this once and then it changes to a monthly plan?

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
One time deal? As in only this once and then it changes to a monthly plan?

Nobody knows yet what happens since no one has reached the end of the seven days yet.

I bought my iPad on Thursday and signed up for the 3GB deal and the 7 day deal was not there.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
No deal like that at my local AT&T store and they are pretty much up on things.

Time to provide some proof for this since most would jump at this opportunity. Until then, ...

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
No deal like that at my local AT&T store and they are pretty much up on things.

Time to provide some proof for this since most would jump at this opportunity. Until then, ...

Your proof, it's only on the iPad. AT&T are clueless.

Attachments

• photo-7.PNG
    photo-7.PNG
    254.9 KB · Views: 1,215

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks, I will check my Mini when I get home.

Unless nothing needs to be done to get it when you are on your plan/contract, guess this is why AT&T is clueless.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The AT&T store wanted proof. Like I said, this store is pretty much up on things and has been very helpful to me.

I just checked my Mini, my account online, and customer service. This plan is not available to me unless perhaps I have to wait for my next cycle?

If it is just a promotion, who is it available to and when did other folks get their iPad?

Rather strange AT&T would be clueless.

Maybe it is not available to me cause I got my Mini at Friends and Family Pricing for cellular at AT&T for my Mini. Maybe they feel I already got a great enough deal. :)

Last edited:

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
anyone bought the new plan?

does it include LTE (it is omitted from the pricing pic). is this really a separate plan, not add-on data on top of a required existing plan?

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I bought the plan and i got this email. It works but its just a promo one time use i guess.

:(

I was really considering picking up a unlimited sim off ebay, but they're overpriced. I really want a pay per use plan on like for a LTE-iPad, like just for a couple days at a time.

The plans they offer now are useless to me.

AT&T needs to introduce pay-per-day plans. Charge me ~$10 for a week of 2gb data. It would be great for people who take trips every so often. It doesn't even have to be AT&T. Even if VZW does something similar, I'll buy their version of the iPad. If I'm using more, I'd just subscribe to a normal plan or tether off my phone or work mifi.

Last edited:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I signed up for this plan too. Figured there was a catch. I too wish I could purchase blocks is data and use as I see fit without a limited time frame.

iPhoneApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2011
I switched from the 2GB plan to this and my confirmation email does not mention it as being one time only.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I bought the plan and i got this email. It works but its just a promo one time use i guess.

I am postpaid which this option is not available. Thread is somewhat misleading and I will leave it at that.

Still not sure why AT&T reps I talked to did not know about it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.