Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
Well, I've seen A LOT of people say that they don't like the idea of a flatter UI in iOS7. I think what they've done is actually really nice, it still has depth and there is almost an aura or ambients about the screen, it seems almost organic.

Aside from how it looks, what are the gripes? I know they still haven't opened the OS to third party app devs and replacing built in apps with others as default and knowing Apple, they probably never will.

Discuss

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I'm loving what I saw of it. Can't wait to get my hands on it tonight. I just hate that airdrop only works for iphone 5 and iPad 4 :-(

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2013
The main bit I am not a fan of is the translucency. Other than that I really like it!

Remember it's not even released yet, I bet by the time Fall rolls around that the option to up or down the transparency will be available.

----------

I'm loving what I saw of it. Can't wait to get my hands on it tonight. I just hate that airdrop only works for iphone 5 and iPad 4 :-(

I wish mate, unless you're a developer it's only in (closed?) Beta until the Fall.
Edit: Looks like you're are a dev, I hope it's all they promised :)

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The only thing I didnt like was a few icons, specially safari's

Yep. Overall I like the changes, but those icons needs work. What's with all the overly colorful icons, yet putting 2 black icons randomly? Where's the consistency of look? Even Google has consistent looking icons.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
If you genuinely like colors and icons that look like they were designed by a 5 year old, congrats. The overall OS functionality looks great. The look of the colors and icons on the other hand lack maturity.

iOS7: Bubblegum

or

iOS7: Fisher Price edition

seetheforest

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
The icons look absurd and the transparency (looking at you control center) makes everything difficult to read. How could Ive or Cook or anyone at Apple rubber stamp that UI? :eek:

Ottoman1

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Barbie Phone

The Barbie Phone color palette looks more masculine:

539717.jpg

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The icons look absurd and the transparency (looking at you control center) makes everything difficult to read. How could Ive or Cook or anyone at Apple rubber stamp that UI? :eek:

...isn't that the definition of rubber stamp?

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I was pleasantly surprised with it. Really nice overhaul.

The only minor thing - I dont like calendar. It's the same orange text + white background we see in Google apps and unfortunately does look like a shameless copy. Other than that, all very much a great overhaul!

Sonnestah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013

I still couldnt get the beta but from the pictures, I dont think the transparency makes text difficult to read. Why did you think that?

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
If you genuinely like colors and icons that look like they were designed by a 5 year old, congrats. The overall OS functionality looks great. The look of the colors and icons on the other hand lack maturity.

iOS7: Bubblegum

or

iOS7: Fisher Price edition

Totally. Glossy bubble designs made of photographs and drop shadows were so much more modern. Maybe they should just never change anything.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I could care less about icons because I put 99% of my apps in folders.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I am a huge fan of the new design. I was skeptical with Jony Ive heading up the design aspect of the new iOS, but I'm truly blown away.

I personally think the whole background moving around as you move the device around is a bit of a gimmick.

I really look forward to trying it out!

msz7

macrumors member
May 27, 2013
I love the new UI but I really don't understand some of the icons. They're just plain ugly. I'm hoping they change before the final release.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
It is impressive, but if they added more to the notification center or add widgets to control center. Perfection. I fell that we are going to see something explosive in terms of software or hardware when Apple announces the new iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.