Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios7-1.jpg
Apple has released the first build of the iOS 7 Beta to developers, ahead of what is likely to be a long summer of beta testing.

The first build, number 11A4372q, was released for the iPhone 5, 4S and 4, along with the fifth-generation iPod Touch and new betas for the Apple TV and a beta of Find My iPhone. Apple also released the first build of the Xcode 5 Developer Preview.

Devices should be backed up using iTunes or through iCloud prior to installation of iOS 7, and following installation, can be restored through either process.

As usual, Apple warns developers that "pre-release versions of iOS are considered Apple Confidential Information and are subject to the terms of your iOS Developer Program License Agreement. Unauthorized distribution or disclosure of Apple Confidential Information is prohibited."

Download Links (Users must be a registered Apple developer to use these):

- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- Mobile Device Installer Package

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 7 Beta 1, Xcode 5 Preview to Developers

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I was originally going to install it on my iPhone 5 for testing, but think I will use my iPhone 4s device to test it for a bit.

I am nervous about the fact you can't roll it back :D

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Im currently using my development phone for my primary phone so I think I will wait. I need to make sure some apps work before I switch (Runkeeper, etc.)

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Does anybody know:

- If you can downgrade to iOS 6 from this beta?
- If you need your UDID registered with a developer account to install it? I remember last year, people were able to install it on any device.

bboyredcel

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
sorry if this is somehow common knowledge, but how can you tell whether you have the a1428 or the a1429?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.