Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
I no longer have the need to jailbreak thanks to Control Center and my desire for the HTC One is completely gone with all the new features. Plus, the new look of ios 7 looks phenomenal!
Wish it was available today but I've waited 5 years so a few more months isn't a big deal.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I think they more like got a triple instead of a homerun. However, I think everything looks great, and it was enough to keep an iPhone in my pocket. I can't wait until we can get our hands on it in the Fall.

charlee08

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2013
iOS certainly needed an upgrade. Does iOS 7 blow me away? No. I'm a proud owner of an HTC One and it's still my favorite phone available because of the sense UI. I love my iPhone 5 also, don't get me wrong. But I don't think this will really blow anyone one away that's both a lover of iOS and Android.

bag of kittens

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
inside a bag
I no longer have the need to jailbreak thanks to Control Center and my desire for the HTC One is completely gone with all the new features. Plus, the new look of ios 7 looks phenomenal!
Wish it was available today but I've waited 5 years so a few more months isn't a big deal.

Agreed. They did a fantastic job today. :p

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I like it and finally may have no need to jailbreak except for push tone maybe.

I don't understand all the hate its getting.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Craig Federighi was the real star. Charismatic and funny! I thought Apple Keynotes were doomed with Steve gone, but I think they have their guy! Keep him front and center from now on!

Last edited:

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Craig Federighi was the real star. Charismatic and funny! I though Apple Keynotes were doomed with Steve died, but I think they have their guy! Keep him front and center from now on!

I actually liked Tim Cook for once finally. Like around the time he was hyping up iOS 7 he was really swaged out lol.

I could tell they were trying to be more interactive with the audience in general because they would always respond to random shouts and acknowledge them.

I liked how everything seemed more confident.

I also like the new design, my only qualm being that it seems a bit androidish. I liked the 3d effect of the background a lot and the simple things like the buttons dissapearing when you scroll.

I think I will like it a lot more than I think right now. Is it too late to get a developers account? I cant wait that long...

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Single.

They had to do something.

Not compelling, look wise, will see on features.

ionamartin123

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2013
this is going to be great when I get to touch and use it. Hope it doesn't disappoint me, let's wait for the best

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
iOS was due for a redesign. At least we have multiple pages to icon folders, clear and concise "flat design", and quick settings now. It's about as good as the current HTC Sense design. I think Ive did a great job on the interface redesign/front-end. Federighi I think did a great job on iOS technically and fixed a lot of issues with the back-end of the OS. I think the separation between the front-end and the back-end is necessary to achieve good software design that "feels" good.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I think it's fair to day that we can out the whole "apple doesn't care about what users are saying" none sense to bed. Granted, it took many years to get here, but they've just about implemented everything that I've long had gripes about. Much of it was implemented in ways very similar to android or jailbreak tweaks. And you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that.

Now, just because I need something to be unhappy about, I hope we see the ability to install third party apps outside the AppStore. This certainly isn't something I feel apple would allow by choice, but there is a lawsuits regarding antitrust issues and the AppStore that I could see going either way.

But honestly, for now, im pretty happy. This update is certainly going to force Microsoft to being their A game.

bornblind

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Alabama
Craig Federighi was the real star. Charismatic and funny! I though Apple Keynotes were doomed with Steve died, but I think they have their guy! Keep him front and center from now on!

Craig really made me think about how good Apple is at not just products but presentations AGAIN. You took the words from my brain.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
thought apple did a great job today. already have the beta on my ip5 and so far just a few hiccups.

the only thing i wish they would add is quick reply for messages.

Besides the great new features, how do you like the overall look of ios 7? Also, Some people are complaining about the translucency look. What's your opinion?

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
Besides the great new features, how do you like the overall look of ios 7? Also, Some people are complaining about the translucency look. What's your opinion?

i really like it, it sure is a big difference. its going to take some time to get use to the bright colors of the apps, but that is no biggie. i like the translucency look.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California

Thanks to Googles influence and resultant success Apple had a great example to replicate. I've been waiting for Apple to bring these proven features that I've been enjoying on the Android platform to my iPhone.

I knew Apple could do it, it was only a matter of time. While its true Apple languished and allowed the iPhone to fall behind, I read today that Apples going to be courageous & install a 5" display in iPhone 6 for 2014. While that's a full three years behind Android it's better late than never.

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
i really like the multi tasking that they have done with it. Left the iphone because i got bored of the OS thinking of returning again mainly for 2 reasons the os refresh to try it out and and also there is 1 app that i want that the iphone has and my android doesnt.

The thing i dont like about the new iphone is the 4 inch display just looks so damn stretched im sure if i had it for a while i would get used to it but im waiting to see what the iphone 5s will bring when the ios 7 drops with it and works out the kinks.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
i really like it, it sure is a big difference. its going to take some time to get use to the bright colors of the apps, but that is no biggie. i like the translucency look.

Thanks..good to hear. I'm super excited to install it on my phone!

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Yup I've been using iOS 7 for a couple hours now and love it. All the reason I jailbroke for before have been fulfilled except for quick reply for messages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.