Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RandomMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2002
I don't care if its shady or unsupported... I have a possibly supported idea that Apple has some kind or miniature portable computer in the works.

It will be interesting to see whether this pans out after the very likely flames :cool:

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
I would buy an Apple SubNotebook in a minute as long as it was under $1400...which in the world of sub-notebooks seems hard to do.

10" Screen
.80" thick
G3 Processor (Battery Life)
512MB Ram
external CD-RW

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by cb911
a subnotebook would be cool, then i could just get a PowerMac instead of my TiBook and have the subnotebook for when i'm on the run.

If the TiBook wasn't so damn wide...it would be perfect for bringing with you. The iBook is great (what I currently use), but a real sub-notebook would be perfect.

mangis

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
A guy I know at apple Japan confirmed that there is a sub notebook in the making, and it will be released first in the Japan market at Tokyo MacWorld. He said the Japan leads the world in laptop sales, and that it would be offered here for a month beofore released worldwide.

This makes sense, as Japan is truly a country of pedestrians, and need real portablilty. Most Americans throw their laptops into their cars and take off, whereas Japanese really walk around all day. The current ibooks are much too heavy to carry around on a routine basis.

I cant wait to get my sub!!!!!!!

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
I damn well hope you are right... except it sounds like we will have to buy it from dynamism.com and it will be like $2500 or something crazy.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
iSub

A guy I know at apple Japan confirmed that there is a sub notebook in the making, and it will be released first in the Japan market at Tokyo MacWorld. He said the Japan leads the world in laptop sales, and that it would be offered here for a month beofore released worldwide.

This makes sense, as Japan is truly a country of pedestrians, and need real portablilty. Most Americans throw their laptops into their cars and take off, whereas Japanese really walk around all day. The current ibooks are much too heavy to carry around on a routine basis.

I cant wait to get my sub!!!!!!!

That would be nice.:)

isogonic

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2002
thinksecret fake

I suppose you have all seen the fake Apple Sub/Pad pics on thinksecret and spymac. Whoever made the pic seems to know want I want in a portable, unlike Apple (so far). It seems to me that without an optical drive, a thickness of 1 inch and an OPTIONAL touch screen could keep the device within a reasonable price range.

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Re: thinksecret fake

Originally posted by isogonic
I suppose you have all seen the fake Apple Sub/Pad pics on thinksecret and spymac. Whoever made the pic seems to know want I want in a portable, unlike Apple (so far). It seems to me that without an optical drive, a thickness of 1 inch and an OPTIONAL touch screen could keep the device within a reasonable price range.

Of course it dooes not run OS X...but fujitsu's p series notebooks are kinda cool. The Sony that was photoshopped for the PowerBook Duo Pic in question is tiny. It has like a 6" screen. It is too small to use for everyday purposes. The Sony SRX99 is small enough to be a sub-notebook...but powerful enough and big enough to be useful.

RandomMacGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2002
Its interesting...

... how I was COMPLETELY CORRECT!

SCORE 1 FOR MY RELIABLE SOURCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
I don't get how you were correct...it is not a mini laptop...it is full size..just like the iBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.