Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mk2

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2009
Could you please upload them? And Notification Center? Also, what does the login screen look like? And are the boot ups, shut downs faster?

Game Center:
XQxjUrz.jpg

Reminders:
r5cZ9Uj.jpg

Linenless notification center (Login screen has this background too):
oZ90zvi.png

New folders in Launchpad:
hN0EDdz.jpg

New background in Dashboard:
ljt8wPk.jpg

Finder selection has rounded corners:
SB5aS6K.png

I haven't noticed any differences in startup/shutdown times.

Last edited:
Reactions: martyjmclean

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Game Center:
Reminders:
Linenless notification center (Login screen has this background too):
New folders in Launchpad:
New background in Dashboard:
Finder selection has rounded corners:

I haven't noticed any differences in startup/shutdown times.

Thanks. Well NC still looks terrible but a little better. At least the linen is gone, better than nothing. Wish they would bring the color back to finder. Surprised that there is no improvement on bootups, especially since it's faster.

Rounded corners is a nice touch to the highlighter I like it.

jreed91

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2009
My guess these are just intial designs while they finish up everything else. I expect a lot of ui changes happening over the course of the betas

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Anyone want to do me a solid?
Want to try and copy Calendar.app, Maps.app, and Contacts.app to a 10.8.X machine and see if they work???

Would do it myself but I am far too lazy to install 10.9 on one of my machines ATM.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
New automatically install apps option:

Ydk9VLX.png

Pictures of new Activity monitor

rFa23Nm.png

9krG8uF.png

qepMmaq.png

t8aM4yP.png

qddOXSV.png

Galaxas0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
I'm really loving all the small changes in OS X Mavericks. Just need to get rid of Game Center and un-linen the Reminders.app.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Folks, just remember that OS X tend to get a lot of changes throughout a long beta project. If this is scheduled to be released in the Fall, which I assume means Nov at the most. That means we have 3-5 months of work still coming.

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
You can do 4 finger spread slowly to show the desktop, instead of there being a threshold to spread the windows. You can spread them anywhere inbetween.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Thanks to everyone who's posted pictures! I like a lot of the changes.

With offline dictation, does it give you any indication that the recording is sent to Apple's servers once you reconnect to the Internet? Can you use offline dictation while connected to the Internet, or does it only fall back to that if you're disconnected? Can you use it for actual documents or just short snippets?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Safari is version: 7.0 (9537.43.7)

New dock:

The new 2D dock is really nice looking - much nicer than the 3D one from Mountain Lion, in my opinion.

Anyone know how to enable the 2D dock in Mavericks? The usual terminal command does not work (so I guess the way the Dock is drawn has changed?)

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
There aren't any group labels like "Hardware" and are you using an air or rMBP? I noticed that the cd & dvd pane isn't there.

It's actually a normal macbook pro mid 2010. I just took out the cd drive and replaced it with an ssd when I upgraded my ram.

The new 2D dock is really nice looking - much nicer than the 3D one from Mountain Lion, in my opinion.

Anyone know how to enable the 2D dock in Mavericks? The usual terminal command does not work (so I guess the way the Dock is drawn has changed?)

Only way I'm aware of is to use either left or right position dock.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003

That sucks. I hate the 3D dock, I've always used the 2D one. I hope the 3D dock disappears, I don't think it's something Ive likes given how iOS 7 went.

Fiddled around for two minutes. Noticed that you can now encrypt TM disks (may not be new.) on multiple monitors, the "menu bar" not in focus is translucent. It works very well. Can't believe it took them 20+ years.

slime73

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
please someone who use 10.9 if there is any difference with the new OpenGL 4!

OpenGL 4.1 adds new rendering features compared to OpenGL 3.2. Developers have to explicitly take advantage of those new features in their own code. Many of the new features are listed here, probably the biggest of which being GPU tessellation shaders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.