Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Any thoughts? The Keynote and Apple's bragging video was heavily dominated by the white iPhone and the white frame.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Any thoughts? The Keynote and Apple's bragging video was heavily dominated by the white iPhone and the white frame.

I had the same thought today. It really seems like Jony prefers the white iPhone and designed iOS to look fantastic on it.

joneun

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
I think it's not even designed for the iPhone 5 but for the upcoming iPhone. I hope they change iOS7.

S

syd430

Yeah iOS 7 was designed specifically for the white iphone only.

The threads here get more and more retarded by the day.

ethereal45

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Obviously not only for the white iPhone. Obvious that apple thinks it looks much better on the white iPhone.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
It seems to work better because most apps have a lot of white, although the home screen looks really good on a black phone.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
It just looks cleaner with white than it does black and hence it was featured. I'd prefer an optional black theme but I guess I can just use the invert color in settings.

joneun

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
You hope they change iOS 7? They JUST announced what it will look like. Doubt we will see huge changes...

At the bottom it says features see subject to change. Everything about iOS7 looks unpolished, very beta like.

And apple puts their signature on it?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
At the bottom it says features see subject to change. Everything about iOS7 looks unpolished, very beta like.

And apple puts their signature on it?
I think the general appearance we see now is here to stay to be honest. Its very different to what we are used to but wouldn't say it looks unpolished. The icon's are no longer shiny and the textures have gone, but everything looks clean and vibrant IMO. I welcome the new look personally. :)

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
iOS7 Looks Good on White iPhone, Wonder why they did not show Black iPhone

I will be getting a white iPhone next time (not until IP6) and going back to 32 GB because something tells me, I will not be able to stick with 16GB anymore.

Anyone have iOS7 loaded on a Black iPhone 5, how does it look?

scrappydoo93

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
United States - East Coast
It seems to me like a marketing technique. Usually the color in which Apple markets the device sells more than the other one. They probably sold more black iPhones than white, they've been marketing that way all along.

So they must have moved to the white ones. Same with the iPad 3/4 as well. Just my thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.