Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nalmond92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
UK
Might be impossible in these early beta's, but how ad intensive is iTunes Radio?

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
i do have the beta of iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and i love it.
just one question: i'm living in europe, no iradio so far. is there any chance that i could change my ip from the iPhone to get access to iRadio...what could i do? wanna try it :)

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
I do not have iTunes match and have been using it all morning (almost 2 hours). Only 1 add so far.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
just one question: i'm living in europe, no iradio so far. is there any chance that i could change my ip from the iPhone to get access to iRadio...what could i do? wanna try it :)

you need a US iTunes account.

Nalmond92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
UK

Well that sounds really promising, hope thA doesn't increase by the time it gets to GM. Now apple, bring it outside the US!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Weird. It plays the same songs over and over. I was listening to a station this morning and then closed out, an hour or two later, I reopen and listen and the same order of songs played again. I looked at my history and it's going in the same order as earlier. It won't allow me to skip on song 7.

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
No Vampire Weekend radio?

Tried to add Vampire Weekend as a radio with no success.

You'd think with them playing so much VW at the conference they'd have a VW radio.

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
I thought they did, that's what the WWDC radio is for.
This is all i get when i try to add vampire weekend.
05POD4r.png

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
It appears to be an extremely early version. Songs only play previews, I can only skip 6 before it won't let me do anything else, and some of the functions like "Don't play this song ever" and starring are grayed out.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I've only listened to about ten songs, but I've also exhausted all of my skips. I've still yet to encounter an ad. Hopefully it's not exceptionally invasive. That said, they likely don't have anyone paying for them yet as the service just launched yesterday.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Weird. It plays the same songs over and over. I was listening to a station this morning and then closed out, an hour or two later, I reopen and listen and the same order of songs played again. I looked at my history and it's going in the same order as earlier. It won't allow me to skip on song 7.

Slacker radio plus does the same thing except i have unlimited skips. Looks like iTunes radio is not much better. This is why I prefer live streams. You can't skip songs but there is less repetition. I know it's a early beta so lets hope it is all ironed out.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I can confirm iTunes radio works abroad as long as you have a US iTunes account. I am in the Philippines and it's working for me!

I am an iTunes Match subscriber with a US based account. And I'm not using any VPN or tricks just the regular hotel wifi.

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
It appears to be an extremely early version. Songs only play previews, I can only skip 6 before it won't let me do anything else, and some of the functions like "Don't play this song ever" and starring are grayed out.

Mine is playing full songs and "Play more like this" and "Never Play this Song" are working for me. The skipping 6 before being disabled is probably a licensing limit just like Pandora.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Mine is playing full songs and "Play more like this" and "Never Play this Song" are working for me. The skipping 6 before being disabled is probably a licensing limit just like Pandora.

I see now that I am getting full songs. However, I still can't star or blacklist a song.

I am a Match subscriber.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
How are you liking iTunes Radio?

I'll give it more of a try later on, is there a number of skips like pandora,songza, and spotify? Does it rival them?

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I used it a little bit today. After you skip 2 songs a 30 second ads plays. Like Pandora. It's literally no different other then a buy button.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I read somewhere today that you get 6 skips per hour. I like it so far, and prefer it over Pandora.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
I am a Pandora subscriber and I like it so far. One of my main uses is streaming in my car. It works seamlessly with MyFordTouch in my Ford Edge Sport. It transitions between Bluetooth stereo and usb when I plug it into the lightning cable without having to do anything. Before any voice and steering wheel commands would activate local songs and I would have to open Pandora again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.