Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Well its been fun, but I have to downgrade and than maybe install iOS 7 when I get the iPhone 5. It is too slow :p It just seems like the practical thing to do! Silly me for thinking that it would work well. If anyone wants to know how to..I will let you know after I successfully do so!
A little bummed tbh :p

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I'm downloading the old 6.1.4 ipsw now. I think you just go to alt+restore and select that firmwire. Im trying it now and will report back when im done. Too slow and buggy im going to wait for the next couple betas to go back.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I haven't had many issues with iOS 7 on my 4S. I did do a clean restore, then upgrade, then restore from backup.

If you want to downgrade you just need to download the ipsw, put the phone in DFU mode, then restore from said ipsw using the alt/option + Restore command.

RKilbane20

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I haven't had many issues with iOS 7 on my 4S. I did do a clean restore, then upgrade, then restore from backup.

If you want to downgrade you just need to download the ipsw, put the phone in DFU mode, then restore from said ipsw using the alt/option + Restore command.

Thats what I did and still got the "NOT VALID SIM" error. Im using a iphone 5

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
It says the file is to big lol yah ok there!!

----------

Me neither :( Some features I like..but its really useless on the iPhone 4

Its easier for me to list what I like then dont like (that list is too long). Im really disappointed, but this is just my opinion. Im sure others love it.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Ok its starting to work!

----------

Its easier for me to list what I like then dont like (that list is too long). Im really disappointed, but this is just my opinion. Im sure others love it.

I dont like the icons! but Im sure I will love the feel more with the animated and 3D effects..but I think that the icons etc.. can look more sophisticated and more "apple"

----------

You can do option + update instead of option+restore, can't you?

It just shows the restore when in DFU mode. I think that is for when you are upgrading and not downgrading

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.