Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Things are really kicking off now..not just my posts but there's posts cropping up every minute of those who hate it.

Will they call another conference like the IPhone 4 signal fiasco with bumpers?

Some people here seem to love it and are bullying those who hate it and think we are wrong. But we are all aloud an opinion?

If Apple doesn't listen to customers some will leave that's a fact.

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
Things are really kicking off now..not just my posts but there's posts cropping up every minute of those who hate it.

Some people here seem to love it and are bullying those who hate it and think we are wrong. But we are all aloud an opinion?

And more would have left if it stayed the same.

matty.p

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Portland, OR

Haha no, it's Beta 1 and more people like it than dislike it. If you don't like it you don't have to upgrade or you can switch companies phones you buy.

mainevent1536

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Massachusetts

Then leave. Apple designs a product. If you or anyone else doesn't like then no one is twisting your arm forcing you to update or buy it. The joys of the world we live in there are lots of options.

Apple doesn't owe you or anyone else a press conference. They are a business, they are out to sell a product. Not everyone will like it and if you don't tough, move on.

Enough of the childish antics. You've been going around hating in every single message on this forum. I understand you're not happy and dislike, so don't update.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Then leave. Apple designs a product. If you or anyone else doesn't like then no one is twisting your arm forcing you to update or buy it. The joys of the world we live in there are lots of options.

Apple doesn't owe you or anyone else a press conference. They are a business, they are out to sell a product. Not everyone will like it and if you don't tough, move on.

Enough of the childish antics. You've been going around hating in every single message on this forum. I understand you're not happy and dislike, so don't update.

Surely if millions protest they have to act? If users start leaving it will send Apple back to the dark ages. No Jobs to turn them around with something like the IPod this time?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Perhaps, but you're (conveniently) overlooking the fact that a lot of people really like the new look. It's obviously not perfect, but then again it's the first beta so I wouldn't expect it to be.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
Do you just want to read Apple fan posts and pro everything Apple?

Companies relay on criticism to improve products otherwise we would settle for any old tosh. :rolleyes:

Of course, but then, every single time Apple releases something the same thing happens here.

Happened with the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad and almost every release of iOS.

They might reconsider some icons, but are we really saying that because some icons Apple is going downhill? It seems most negative comments come only from the icons, and not much more.

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010

Companies relay on criticism to improve products otherwise we would settle for any old tosh. :rolleyes:

I don't but whining about the dots is a little childish. Asking for a response from apple for design choices is ridiculous.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Of course, but then, every single time Apple releases something the same thing happens here.

Happened with the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad and almost every release of iOS.

They might reconsider some icons, but are we really saying that because some icons Apple is going downhill? It seems most negative comments come only from the icons, and not much more.

I think *this time* there's a lot more negativity around than ever. This may come as a shock to fans of Apple that they may be about to lose popularity.

Post Steve Jobs era is not good.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012

Your criticism is wasted here and won't do anything. If you want to make a difference get hired at Apple, otherwise there isn't anything you can do about a company making changes to their proprietary software.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Your criticism is wasted here and won't do anything. If you want to make a difference get hired at Apple, otherwise there isn't anything you can do about a company making changes to their proprietary software.

Clearly on a forum full of Apple fans no.

Nobody here is interested in any rival OS maybe being better? Nobody here will admit if apple got it wrong. :rolleyes:

Sonnestah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
I think *this time* there's a lot more negativity around than ever. This may come as a shock to fans of Apple that they may be about to lose popularity.

Post Steve Jobs era is not good.

From your 2302309 posts about the same thing, I can affirm all you want is to switch over to android and is just trying to find an excuse to do so

Just go ahead and buy your galaxy and everyones happy

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
The OP simply expressed an opinion. That's something we are all entitled to.

Some here feel like they must attack, as a result they are the ones that look a bit ridiculous and insecure. They are the ones that make Apple the polarizing company it is.

Having positioned themselves as high and mighty, the reality is their immaturity and lack of self control stands out vividly.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
The OP simply expressed an opinion. That's something we are all entitled to.

Some here feel like they must attack, as a result they are the ones that look a bit ridiculous and insecure. They are the ones that make Apple the polarizing company it is.

Having positioned themselves as high and mighty, the reality is their immaturity and lack of self control stands out vividly.

Thanks atleast someone can respect my opinion. I respect some people like it but I'm here to converse with people who don't right now :)

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Apple has made changes to products between announcing and shipping it before. The first example that comes to mind is the original iMac. It was announced with a 33.3K modem, but due to customer feedback, it ended up shipping with a 56K modem.

So, yes, Apple will respond to enough negative feedback to something. To say to the OP that he should like it or leave it is a bit silly. Companies want customers to believe in them, have loyalty to them, and be happy with them. Companies are not in the business of losing customers.

Having said that, I have no idea if Apple will respond in this case. It seems unlikely to me. But I would assume they'd rather have your feedback than have you leave as a customer.

spacedout17

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
Texas
Yes, I bet Apple will call another press conference and in it tell people "You're holding it wrong. When you hold it the right way the icons look better."

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.