Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC Hurricane

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Hi,

So I'm using 10.8.4 and I'm trying to delete an application from my machine. Typically I'd do this by doing a search in Finder and doing the + option to include System Files in the search. I just tried this in 10.8.4 but the option seems removed. Does anyone know where I can reenable this?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
The + button isn't there for me when I first open Finder ("All My Files" view) but it IS there if I navigate to a different folder first. Is that your issue?

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi,

So I'm using 10.8.4 and I'm trying to delete an application from my machine. Typically I'd do this by doing a search in Finder and doing the + option to include System Files in the search. I just tried this in 10.8.4 but the option seems removed. Does anyone know where I can reenable this?

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion: Complete steps 1-7 of those instructions (or as many as you can), then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Strange, I am still able to perform this search in 10.8.4.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 2.46.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 2.46.21 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 74

DC Hurricane

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
The + button isn't there for me when I first open Finder ("All My Files" view) but it IS there if I navigate to a different folder first. Is that your issue?

Silly me but I was searching in the second dropdown corresponding to Kind instead of flipping Kind itself.

It is curious to me why under All My Files though the + option isn't available at all. I have to navigate to another folder as well.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Silly me but I was searching in the second dropdown corresponding to Kind instead of flipping Kind itself.

It is curious to me why under All My Files though the + option isn't available at all. I have to navigate to another folder as well.

"All My Files" is not a folder, but rather a search result. You can't search in a search result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.