Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
As much as I love the new look of iOS, the Game Center icon is making me sick... It clashes with everything else (glossy!), and I don't understand what it's trying to represent. It's just meaningless bubbles. Say what you want about 'skeumorphism,' but icons are supposed to convey purpose. This one does not, and it clashes with everything else in the OS. I seriously hope Apple changes it before release...

mitso

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2012
As much as I love the new look of iOS, the Game Center icon is making me sick... It clashes with everything else (glossy!), and I don't understand what it's trying to represent. It's just meaningless bubbles. Say what you want about 'skeumorphism,' but icons are supposed to convey purpose. This one does not, and it clashes with everything else in the OS. I seriously hope Apple changes it before release...

Completely agree. These bubbles are anything but flat and it's also too similar colour-wise with the new photos icon, an icon I like.

The bubbles are suppose to represent a new way to display stats like games, friends, etc, in game center. Unfortunately they again use 3D bubbles instead of say flat circles.

Apple were so desperate to change game center but unfortunately they rushed the alternative. Hopefully they will wise up before the fall.

Musickid203

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013

I knew I couldn't have been the only one. It looks as if they rushed it and pushed it aside. But I must admit the UI is growing on me little by little. Hopefully they clean it up by fall!

Luuthian

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2013
Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one. I feel like they completely screwed this up yet again. The layout itself isn't bad once you're past the first screen, but ugh... The bubbles are gaudy and overly bright. And there is WAY too much white going on.

Once again Game Center is a mess -_-.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.