Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmbraceTheOne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Anyone?/:
Still hoping apple brings quick reply with iOS7.
My 4S is jail broken, with quick reply installed. It's the sole reason I'm
jail broken.
Wishing apple loved it as much as i do. :(

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Anyone?/:
Still hoping apple brings quick reply with iOS7.
My 4S is jail broken, with quick reply installed. It's the sole reason I'm
jail broken.
Wishing apple loved it as much as i do. :(

OS X Mavericks has it. So its a DEFINATE that we will see it in an iOS update. Which one. THAT is a mystery but in the near future. Im betting it on a beta release of iOS 7.0 or even iOS 7.1. But it is coming dont worry.

applelover1016

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
lol i'm hoping for the same thing control center and quick reply are the two things i wanted most lol but I know if it's in os x I know ios is getting it

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Typically, when Apple launches the GM of new iOS versions they will add in a new feature that wasn't previously in the beta versions. They do this to get people talking again. I like to think that when the GM of iOS7 is announced that quick reply will be on of, if not the, new feature.
Like was mentioned above, QR is in the Mavericks so it's not far fetched to think that it could come to iOS. Maybe not until 7.1?

macsmurray

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2010
The new black notification bar looks too big, as if there's space for something else. Maybe Apple are holding out on us and going to surprise us at a later date with it.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
The new black notification bar looks too big, as if there's space for something else. Maybe Apple are holding out on us and going to surprise us at a later date with it.

The black bar only shows for several seconds and disapperars! That would not be long enough time to hit reply button if you are doing something on the phone. I have the feeling Apple will do something different with the message app and the quick reply.

macsmurray

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2010
The black bar only shows for several seconds and disapperars! That would not be long enough time to hit reply button if you are doing something on the phone. I have the feeling Apple will do something different with the message app and the quick reply.

Perhaps swiping left on the notifications screen.

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2003
London
As a matter of interest, how does quick reply work when you need to enter a passcode to unlock your phone?

Presumably, if you have your phone protected like that, you don't want someone to be able to reply to a text from the lock screen without entering the unlock code. And if you do that, how is that different from entering the unlock code and being taken to the messages app?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As a matter of interest, how does quick reply work when you need to enter a passcode to unlock your phone?

Presumably, if you have your phone protected like that, you don't want someone to be able to reply to a text from the lock screen without entering the unlock code. And if you do that, how is that different from entering the unlock code and being taken to the messages app?
Presumably you either allow for quick reply to work from the lockscreen (without a passcode), or you don't, in which case you'll likely just be taken to the message itself to reply when you select its notification from the lockscreen and enter your passcode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.