Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Hey developers, does iOS 7 have automatic brightness, as well as other stuff that iOS 6 already has?

For instance, if you are texting a person who does not have a iMessage, is the message still in green? Or does it go to all blue now?

Can you have a different wallpaper for the home screen, and for the lock screen?

Can you still tap to post to Facebook like you could in the notification drop-down menu?

Just some questions that I am curious about! Thank you for your time! Does anybody know if these exist still?

mainevent1536

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2010
Massachusetts
Hey developers, does iOS 7 have automatic brightness, as well as other stuff that iOS 6 already has?

For instance, if you are texting a person who does not have a iMessage, is the message still in green? Or does it go to all blue now?

Can you have a different wallpaper for the home screen, and for the lock screen?

Can you still tap to post to Facebook like you could in the notification drop-down menu?

Just some questions that I am curious about! Thank you for your time! Does anybody know if these exist still?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Beta 1 No

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks

Facebook/twitter shortcut is no longer on the notification drop-down menu

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Facebook/twitter shortcut is no longer on the notification drop-down menu

Thanks so much! Think they will add that? I do like that.

When you click share for a photo or video, is Facebook an option like in iOS 6? Or do you have to do it in the app?

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
Thanks so much! Think they will add that? I do like that.

When you click share for a photo or video, is Facebook an option like in iOS 6? Or do you have to do it in the app?

the way the notification bar has changed, i doubt it. but this is beta 1, so we can hope.

Facebook is an option in the photo app, just like ios 6.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
the way the notification bar has changed, i doubt it. but this is beta 1, so we can hope.

Facebook is an option in the photo app, just like ios 6.

Sweet thank you! I don't see the microphone button in the messages app. Is that still there? So you can speak to text?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.