Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
So Apple retail stores and apple.com sell the MBA 2013's already, but Best Buy and Amazon still don't? Why? I see on Best Buy's website that the Macbook Air will be available for pre-order but their is no mention of a release date or arrival date. Was this addressed at the keynote? I've seen nobody create a thread regarding this issue, and considering I have 2X $100 dollar gift cards to Best Buy I want to buy the Macbook their. Furthermore the situation is the same for the Airport Extreme and Time Capsule (was considering one of those for my router which keeps turning itself off every few hours). Please reply if you have any information regarding this! My last laptop crapped on me, so I need to pickup my new laptop very soon. I'm currently posting this on my iPad Mini, and I need a laptop for work and online college. Would you take Time Capsule or Airport Extreme?
Here's a link to the BB page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&...&skuId=6238297

Thanks,

Thomas

sick z33

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2008
I would say Best Buy would take a couple of weeks before carrying the items in stock online and in-store.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
B&H shows the pre-order shtick too. Perhaps the manufacturer insists on initial product availability to capture the lion's share of consumers who MUSTHAVETHELATESTNOW.

If I were in your shoes (college), I would buy the 2012 13" Air and the TC at a deep discount from the refurb bin or one of the tax free sites. Maybe you could use the gift cards at BB to purchase Apple Care.

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
B&H shows the pre-order shtick too. Perhaps the manufacturer insists on initial product availability to capture the lion's share of consumers who MUSTHAVETHELATESTNOW.

If I were in your shoes (college), I would buy the 2012 13" Air and the TC at a deep discount from the refurb bin or one of the tax free sites. Maybe you could use the gift cards at BB to purchase Apple Care.

Not a bad idea, I'll consider this.

Thanks,

Thomas

sick z33

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2008
My local BB actually stocked the base config models today. Might grab one today as well :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.