Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
Hey guys just wondering what the current major issues you have had with Mavericks are, I'm talking issues that will prevent this from being your daily OS in it's current DP1 form.

So far I know that Adobe Flash doesn't seem to work, but other than that I've not heard of any major bugs and it seems to be very stable..

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
No major bugs (Flash works btw.), just some applications don't work (e.g. Parallels), which can be annoying

bjpom

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
After waking from sleep or screen saver it doesn't ask for your password to gain access. Even with 'Require Password Immediately after sleep or screen saver begins' is ticked.

Anyone else experiencing this?

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
Flash works.

Using full screen apps on multiple displays is very buggy. Couldn't get the menu bar to show up to exit full screen. The dock wouldn't show up. Used the keyboard shortcut to get out of full screen but the window simply disappeared.

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
I have seen YouTube vids where people are prompted to upgrade Flash despite having the latest version and get the "plug in needed" error over Flash videos.. Maybe it's an isolated problem.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Safari and other apps freeze a lot for me. For up to 5-10 seconds. Not sure but I believe "App Nap" has some issues - at least for me.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
Safari and other apps freeze a lot for me. For up to 5-10 seconds. Not sure but I believe "App Nap" has some issues - at least for me.

The only thing I noticed with App Nap that I hope they tweak, is let's say you have many desktops or full-screen apps open and you four finger swipe across them to quickly get to one you want further down in the list. Well, all the Apps in the windows that you swiped across will wake up. If you go directly there through Mission Control, they stay napping. So perhaps Apple should setup a slight delay in how App Nap re-activates apps when you are swiping through desktops (and only under this condition since otherwise we'd want them to speedily resume).

MichaelDT

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
I have seen YouTube vids where people are prompted to upgrade Flash despite having the latest version and get the "plug in needed" error over Flash videos.. Maybe it's an isolated problem.

You just need to go into the Flash control panel and click software update it will download a new version or same version or whatever and then it works. The installer (.dmg) on adobe's site the blocked plugin error directs you too will not work.

Yixian

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Europe
Has anyone found something that makes Mavericks unsafe/unsuitable as a daily OS yet?

I have one of the new MBAs and I can just feel it whispering "Mavericks... Mavericks..." to me, just doesn't feel right having ML on this bad boy :D

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California

I have this problem on Mavericks for my MBA. It says "blocked plug-in" and won't let me watch YouTube:(

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Considering installing this to a partition. Anyone have any rMBP issues beyond certain apps not working (illustrated on the "broken apps" forum)?

1BadMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010

I was noticing this quite frequently. Specifically, for Safari. But noticed that it would "lag" when un-minimizing an app. Once the app was open again, it would run fine.

I finally disabled AppNap across the board. Runs much more like 10.8.4 -but at the trade off of some battery. I'm going to look into a toggle / script / GUI to do this on an app by app basis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.