Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaredVegas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Thought we could get a thread going for panoramic wallpapers. I attached one I took in Sedona, AZ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,222
Last edited:

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
It's annoying how you have to take one for it took work. I wanted one of NYC but I can't go there to take it lmao. Hopefully they fix that, or if thing only allow photos in the panorama album for it to work at least let us add panoramic photos to the album!

JaredVegas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
No you can download them an they get put into that folder. Here is one from earlier I got off a google image search

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9,764

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
do you have an iPhone 5? B/c when I go to save it via my iPhoe it just puts it into my camera roll, and it has to be in panorama album for it to work.

NacSquared

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Missouri
Does your guys' lockscreen act weird with these panoramic wallpapers? Whenever I tilt my phone up or down the picture moves vertically created black edges on the bottom or top.. Anyone else?

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
I want to know how to download pictures to panoramas folder?

Have you tried saving pictures from this thread and looking in the panorama folder? I realised after seeing someone talk about them that they get saved both places, or should. Just go to settings as though you were going to set a background and look for that folder, you should find images in there.

Lungjuno

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Have you tried saving pictures from this thread and looking in the panorama folder? I realised after seeing someone talk about them that they get saved both places, or should. Just go to settings as though you were going to set a background and look for that folder, you should find images in there.

It works with this picture but the one I downloaded from google. No idea why. Anyway thanks.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
It works with this picture but the one I downloaded from google. No idea why. Anyway thanks.

Is the one that doesn't work a png file instead of a jpg? While iOS displays png files all photos are saved as jpg. Either that or maybe the vertical resolution isn't the correct size. Just guessing since I'm not using iOS 7.

aslucher

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2008
It's annoying how you have to take one for it took work. I wanted one of NYC but I can't go there to take it lmao. Hopefully they fix that, or if thing only allow photos in the panorama album for it to work at least let us add panoramic photos to the album!

It's definitely possible to have them added to the panorama folder. The system does it automatically.

Automatically that is, if the panorama meets a width and height criteria. I don't know the exacts but it took a little bit for the system to generate the folder in the first place. I kept taking panoramas but it wasn't doing anything. I had to make a full panorama for it to work. I didn't do a full test to see what's required and I haven't looked but, frustrating no matter.

Bujin

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
I downloaded the picture in the first post, and the wallpaper showed as all black. But I restarted my phone and it showed up.

TechPedia

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
Montgomery, Alabama
Have fun with these...

That's fantastic, thank you.

----------

I'm trying to get the hang of 'centering' the image when the device is stationary (like iPad on, sitting in case displaying just the home screen). Anyone figured out a trick for that yet?

On another note, I love how the dock and folders take on the hues of the wallpaper...lovely.

Babylonia

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Pano jumping around

I have tried all the panos and even tried resizing them to 1136 for Iphone5 but they keep jumping around in the homescreen as they look only half height? Panos I took myself are fine and work a treat

Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone know hoe to fix it

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I have tried all the panos and even tried resizing them to 1136 for Iphone5 but they keep jumping around in the homescreen as they look only half height? Panos I took myself are fine and work a treat

Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone know hoe to fix it

I know how to fix it. Wait for the gm release

Babylonia

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
I've managed to get it working. It works if you save the pictures when browsing on the iPhone. It doesn't if you get them on another computer and upload to photostream.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Maybe Apple will allow the wallpaper to slowly scroll (fluidly) without us needing to move the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.