Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solinari6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I just loaded up ios 7 today, and it seems to work ok, but there's something wrong with itunes match.

In the music settings, I have "show all music" and "itunes match" turned on, but the only music showing up are the songs I purchased on itunes. Around 150 songs. I have around 2000 songs uploaded into itunes match, and they showed up fine in ios6. I've tried every combination of turning those 2 options on/off, and nothing worked.

RunOverProducti

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
Working for me.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    386.9 KB · Views: 159

rodman109110

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
it took a bit for it to work for me. I noticed that there are two itunes match toggles. One under Settings>Music and the other under Settings>iTunes & App Stores.

Maybe they both need to be on.

ntrexler

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
I had the same problem and this is what I did. I'm not exactly sure which part really fixed it though.

1. I went into Settings/iTunes & App Stores and turned off iTumes Match.
2. I then went into Settings/Music and made sure it was off there too.
3. I went back into Settings/iTunes & App Stores and under Show All I turned off Music..
4. Next I went into Settings/Music and turned on iTunes Match.
5. Now when I went into my Music it said something to the effect of Loading iTunes Match.
6. When it was done I finally saw my playlists but of course couldn't see my music.
7. Go back into Settings/iTunes & App Stores and turn on Show All Music.

That's what worked for me. I'm sure there could be other combinations that may work. Also I've noticed that there is no button to download all songs. It looks like I have to do each one individually.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
I had the same problem and this is what I did. I'm not exactly sure which part really fixed it though.

1. I went into Settings/iTunes & App Stores and turned off iTumes Match.
2. I then went into Settings/Music and made sure it was off there too.
3. I went back into Settings/iTunes & App Stores and under Show All I turned off Music..
4. Next I went into Settings/Music and turned on iTunes Match.
5. Now when I went into my Music it said something to the effect of Loading iTunes Match.
6. When it was done I finally saw my playlists but of course couldn't see my music.
7. Go back into Settings/iTunes & App Stores and turn on Show All Music.

That's what worked for me. I'm sure there could be other combinations that may work. Also I've noticed that there is no button to download all songs. It looks like I have to do each one individually.

This is pretty much what I had to do to get it going. Although when the music app says "Loading iTunes Match" I had to leave my phone well alone until it finished, since if I started playing around with the music app while it was loading, iTunes Match would glitch and wouldn't play or download my songs. After the "Loading" screen vanished though it works fine.

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
A couple of questions for iTunes Match users on iOS 7:

1. Have they fixed the play count issue, where if you listen to a song on your iOS device, the play count would double in iTunes? I'd also be curious to see how fast play counts are updating, now.

2. Can we finally change album artwork? Since iTunes Match launched, this hasn't been possible, without deleting and re-adding the tracks into iTunes. The artwork changes either never propagate to iOS devices or it does so, only to eventually revert back to whatever artwork was originally uploaded to iTunes Match.

Another bug that was introduced in iOS 6 is that, if you changed the artwork for an album you purchased from iTunes, whenever you would download it, it would revert to the artwork from iTunes.

If any of these things have been fixed, that would be great.

Thanks!

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ
It works for me, but only sort of. If an album does not have artwork, iTunes forced it to have an album cover from another one of my albums. For example, here is a picture:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 143

mindfreck

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
Any idea how to download all the songs? Seem like I would have to download them individually. And I've got lots of songs

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
iTunes Match has never worked right for me regardless of iOS version. When I turn it on I have to redownload half of my songs, many of the downloads fail, and then hardly any of my album art shows up.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
It's working fine for me. I do miss the 'download all' button that used to appear but I'm hoping they'll add that back once it's further along in the development process.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Works horribly for me, sometimes it'll play perfectly fine, sometimes it'll start playing then endlessly buffer the song, sometimes it just won't play at all until I manually force close the Music app. More rarely, it'll start playing the song I told it to, stop, then start a completely different, unrelated song.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Works fine here, but I did have to turn it off and on a few times, and it took about 12 hours or so for the album artwork to sort itself out. Also, when I download an entire album it duplicates all the tracks, which is kind of annoying.

Other than that ... :)

KingDavid

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Didn't work well for me. After a while, several of my songs were duplicated; one version of the song would have no album art, while another version would have album art. Very irritating. I turned it off and manually added music until Beta 2 when I'll try again.

SEVEN28UK

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
glasgow
Not working for me.
When people say 'had to leave it in the loading screen' how long did this take?

I'm pretty sure it's not working and may have to re-install but wanted to check incase I'm not leaving it long enough.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
It's not working for me. All I see is my purchased music and iTunes Match is turned off by default. I turn it on and exit the Settings app and come back in and I see it off again. Is this a bug?

EDIT: A simple reboot of the iPhone fixed it ;)

Last edited:

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
1. Have they fixed the play count issue, where if you listen to a song on your iOS device, the play count would double in iTunes? I'd also be curious to see how fast play counts are updating, now.

I'm also curious about this, if anyone can see if the play count issue has been fixed. I gave up on iTunes Match because of this. Most of my songs got messed up, as in songs that should have about 50 plays somehow ballooned to hundreds. Luckily I had a backup of my library .itl file that I could restore after disabling match.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.