Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
The mini, I mean I love gaming but the PS4 preorders are almost all gone and its gonna be a tough find on the holiday craze, so your get a mini, save up till january and then you buy the ps4. How old are you by the way?

Im gonna guess highschooler maybe, if so an iPad suits you best for education (and lets face it, socialnetworking on class ha ha).

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
You've probably already got a console so I say take it, and all of the games/accessories and sell them. You'll be able to get a mini from the Apple refurb store or at least trade for an iPad. Then have your parents buy the more expensive PS4.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Get the iPad and read some books instead.

Unless you're just skimming through magazines or comics, doing any kind of serious reading is pretty awful on an LCD screen.

E-Ink readers are dirt cheap. Way more comfortable to read, insane battery life, nicer to hold, and you can actually read outdoors under the sun.

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
Had two gaming consoles and many games, sold all lucky enough enough to get most of my money back. Bought one tablet and I still have that tablet. Get an iPad mini and you won't regret it. :apple:

beautifulcoder

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
The Republic of Texas
E-Ink readers are dirt cheap. Way more comfortable to read, insane battery life, nicer to hold, and you can actually read outdoors under the sun.

No way. I had an e-ink reader before my iPad and it was crap. Retina is far clearer. I don't have to constantly keep plugging it to a computer to recharge it. Plus on my iPad I can browse the web and read tech docs as well as e-books. I highly discourage getting this. It is absolutely useless.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
No way. I had an e-ink reader before my iPad and it was crap. Retina is far clearer. I don't have to constantly keep plugging it to a computer to recharge it. Plus on my iPad I can browse the web and read tech docs as well as e-books. I highly discourage getting this. It is absolutely useless.

The only thing you'd have to constantly keep recharging is a tablet that you had to crank up to 100% brightness just to be able to read something outdoors in the sun. The iPad's battery on 100% brightness would be dead in less than 5 hours. An e-ink reader has 10x the battery life of any tablet.

Of course I prefer my iPad for browsing the web, and looking at any kind of illustrated or color documents, and a tablet is way better for that sort of thing.

But for reading 500+ page books, for hours at a time, outdoors? There's absolutely no reason why anyone would do that on an LCD screen than e-ink.

beautifulcoder

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
The Republic of Texas
I do most my reading on a bus with bright sun light in Texas and don't have this problem. Even at 50% brightness. Yea, every once in a while I'll see a reflection of myself but I'm a handsome fella so that's not a problem.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Had two gaming consoles and many games, sold all lucky enough enough to get most of my money back. Bought one tablet and I still have that tablet. Get an iPad mini and you won't regret it. :apple:

Bet gaming consoles are collecting more dust than the Mini would. I know the latter is new but still I cannot see folks not ever using it ALOT!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.