Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmathis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Is there a way in the beta to disable or GREATLY speed up transitions to/from apps, icons "flying in" after unlocking, etc.? If not, this really needs to be added IMO, because they are PAINFULLY slow.

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
Is there a way in the beta to disable or GREATLY speed up transitions to/from apps, icons "flying in" after unlocking, etc.? If not, this really needs to be added IMO, because they are PAINFULLY slow.

This is what drove me back to iOS 6. I found everything else is beautiful except the icons.

BUT it's Beta 1. I'm not a developer so I went back. I hope they speed it up by the final release.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013

It's not even close to painfully slow on an iPhone 5.

Last edited:

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
The zooming on folders is very cool - I don't find that distracting. I do find the non-transitions when opening up any folder on the dock in this beta to be distracting as hell.

I don't think the animation is slow at all - it's perfect. But like with every apple product, you can't turn on or off the most simple things. Terrible.

bitsoda

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
The superfluous animations are really grating. Even on an iPhone 5, they slow down user interaction. I downgraded back to 6.1.4 for this very reason. Hopefully Apple takes another look at how they're currently implementing animations in iOS 7.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motions - toggle ON

This reduces the animation length somewhat, though I think it still takes longer than iOS 6.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I'm sure they will be sped as we progress through the beta process. On my 4S they are mostly fluid but some stutter, so once those bugs are fixed it should be much quicker.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
People asking what phone people are using, it's not the quality of the animations it's the default speed of then. iOS 7 is very laid back right now. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.