Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nancyfromafrica

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Johannesburg
good to know you liked the new look of the io7 its flat by the way yes the new iOS 7 is available for download and use in beta version which is only for developers.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I think its really cute with all of these people passing judgement on a product they've never even seen before.

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
It's Beta but what you see is basically what you are going to get this Fall.
Apple is not going to re-change it all over again in the Fall. lol

What I like:
Control Center-quick toggle of bluetooth/wifi
new tabs
swiping

What I don't like
Color Palete
Flat has turned too basic, too childlike
Too much white background in almost everything, safari, keyboard, causes some of the buttons to become faint, safari only offers a darker scheme by using "private"

To be honest, the new color palate with pale pinks, baby blues and neon greens is just too much, ok for a girl though but it's too basic. The color scheme alone may be a deal breaker and keep ios 6 instead of upgrading. Where are the rich reds, dark black, grays and vibrant colors we love about ios 6, there gone in ios 7.

Apple was innovative with ios when iphone was released 6 yrs ago and they could have been innovative if ios 7 had been released 3 or 4 yrs ago but so many of the new features in ios 7 are not innovative or exclusive.

However with Apple when they release something new it does work and work well everytime you use it, dependable and reliable. So ios 7 will be a success just doesn't seem groundbreaking to me.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I agree. I think I am actually looking forward to iOS 7 more than I did the iPhone 5. Which is good since I can't upgrade with Verizon anymore. I can upgrade OS's in the fall and feel like I got a new phone for the low low price of free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.