Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tortex

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Hello.

I have a need to run two videos, in sync (both exactly the same number of frames) across two monitors (one on the laptops main monitor, the second on a connected projector). Ideally I'd want a preset executable that I can launch and the videos will play, nice and simple as I have no set up time (this is for a presentation).

I was thinking Quartz would be best for this, but as my Mac has died and I have no access to one until 3 days before the gig (shipping time) I thought I'd get a head start on research.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

ytk

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
You can start multiple videos simultaneously in Quicktime Player (7 or X). Just load up all the videos and press cmd-return.

leon-geyer

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2010
Well, ytk seems to give the most simple and that fore stable solution. If you need anyway quartz composer (for example, a HD video of half an hour for 3 screens = 30gb won't run smoothly on QT, but does on QC, for it is the most powerful player that can be), is also simple.
You need, I think, as easiest solution two compositions with a billboard, drag the videos into the editor (so you have the player module with the right path immediately), and give both a trigger with the same keyboard key. That's it. In the gig put them both a fullscreen viewer and trigger them with the key. To make one comp taking both screens should be possible, but I don't know now how.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.