Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Microsoft has posted a new television ad on YouTube for the Dell XPS 10 Tablet running Windows RT. The ad, which somewhat reminiscent of Apple's Mac vs. PC spots, use Siri's voice to compare the Windows Tablet to the iPad. A similar spot featuring the ASUS VivoTab Smart was posted last month.

Sorry, I don't zoom like that. Ouch. Ouch.

You can't put an SD card there. Or there. Or there.

You can do two things at once? That's cool.

Oh. That's not cool.
Microsoft has come under some criticism for a comparison page it posted back in May that inaccurately depicted a Windows Tablet as larger than the iPad.

The campaign is a bit of a reversal for Microsoft and other of Apple's competitors -- in general, advertising from the competition has tended to avoid mentioning Apple's iconic products in their ads.

Apple's latest advertising campaign has focused on the people using its products rather than the products themselves, a significant change from its more recent campaigns.

Article Link: New Windows Tablet Ad Again Uses Siri's Voice to Poke Fun at iPad

mudman2

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
I, for one, am off to buy one, that ad was so convincing I am going to use the ipad for a frisby with the dog :D

StickerBox

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2010
This is like throwing a bird into a lake and saying "haha, it can't swim, therefore it's ****". Well, it can fly instead.

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
Who the **** wants to zoom in the home screen? It's all gimmicks except for the SD card. That's a legitimate feature that the iPad could use, and not for cameras but for upgrading the storage.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
This is so bad

This has to be the worst ad ive ever seen. Oh you can zoom the start page wow so cool. And who the hell actually uses an SD card still? Only about a million other ways to store and transfer things

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
This has to be the worst ad ive ever seen. Oh you can zoom the start page wow so cool. And who the hell actually uses an SD card still? Only about a million other ways to store and transfer things

"I don't need it therefore nobody else does"?

An SD card slot would be incredibly useful in an iPad.

It's obvious why Apple wouldn't allow it, but you don't think it would be a good idea to be able to load some of your apps, or music, or a pile of movies, onto an SD card for a long trip? Or pop the card out of your camera to load up the photos into iPhoto (without the need for the third piece of hardware, the Camera Connection Kit)? Or load up Office documents to read and edit?

donutbagel

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2013
"I don't need it therefore nobody else does"?

An SD card slot would be incredibly useful in an iPad.

It's obvious why Apple wouldn't allow it, but you don't think it would be a good idea to be able to load some of your apps, or music, or a pile of movies, onto an SD card for a long trip? Or pop the card out of your camera to load up the photos into iPhoto (without the need for the third piece of hardware, the Camera Connection Kit)? Or load up Office documents to read and edit?

Don't most cameras use full-sized SD cards, not the smaller one shown here? At least all of the ones I've seen do. You can just use an adaptor if you really want that. I'd really want the SD card to be the iPad's internal storage so you can upgrade.

petrucci666

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone who uses a real camera?

Let's be real. 99% of the world uses a smartphone (most of them iPhones) for taking photos with a photo syncing service a la 'Camera Upload' in Dropbox. With iDevices you have Photo Stream. Zero work has to be done to transfer those photos.

For the 1 time a year your average user needs to plug in an SD card into an iPad, there is the Camera Kit. Don't make it seem like it's impossible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.