Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
In ios6, i used to get all my covert art displaying properly, even in overflow.

In ios7, some don't show in landscape mode. Some are just black covers while others just have no cover, just a typed album name.

They are perfectly viewable in iTunes & ios6 (as described)

Anyone has the same problems?
Cheers

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
iphone 5 as well. Quite weird actually. A resync doesn't solve the problem

fpo

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
I also had this issue after updating from 6 to 7.

Had to restore the iPhone5 to ios 7 and then restore backup and sync music.

After a clean ios 7 install, all album covers are visible in landscape.

Also the clock icon did now work before (only shows correct time with the clean install).

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Thanks for starting this thread, I have the same problem.

When I'm in the Music app and turn to landscape mode (which used to be coverflow) there's now a series of tiles.

Unfortunately for me only a few of them display the album art. I'd hoped it was a beta bug but, with it working for others, it seems not.

Clutching at straws, has anyone got this working on a 4S please?

Edit:

I've had a similar problem before and was able to solve it by removing the music from my phone & resyncing just before I went to bed. I then left the phone music library to compile overnight.

forums.macrumors.com/threads/1439746/

As this is a time consuming process, I've decided to wait until we get to GM stage before messing about.

I may get impatient and change my mind, however :)

Last edited:

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
i restored and still didn't work! I even added the playlists and albums in iTunes just to be certain

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Being an impatient fool, I went ahead and ploughed through the same method as I had done for iOS 6 (albeit I only left the phone for 4-5 hours after syncing as it was during the day).

Anyway, unfortunately it's now worse than before as not only are the new Landscape Tiles view and Artist view still screwed, but it's also now mucked up the Album view.

It's really odd as the artwork is all present in Playlists and Songs views.

Will try again with the overnight sync method, but this may only be resolved with later betas / GM.

I take it given the lack of replies on this topic that, for most, the new landscape tiles view is working just fine?

I'd particularly like to read some feedback from people with large music libraries if possible, ideally 4000+ tracks on the phone & with no iTunes Match enabled.

Last edited:

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Being an impatient fool, I went ahead and ploughed through the same method as I had done for iOS 6 (albeit I only left the phone for 4-5 hours after syncing as it was during the day).

Anyway, unfortunately it's now worse than before as not only are the new Landscape Tiles view and Artist view still screwed, but it's also now mucked up the Album view.

It's really odd as the artwork is all present in Playlists and Songs views.

Will try again with the overnight sync method, but this may only be resolved with later betas / GM.

I take it given the lack of replies on this topic that, for most, the new landscape tiles view is working just fine?

I'd particularly like to read some feedback from people with large music libraries if possible, ideally 4000+ tracks on the phone & with no iTunes Match enabled.

i have 2400+ tracks and my fellow friend has the same problem as well, so it's not just rare cases (as i read that even some users had problems with iOS and never got them solved!)

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Is anyone else bothered by the use of pink in music's white interface? I feel as if they should have kept a neutral color scheme in Music since tastes vary so widely. For example, hot pink isn't the best compliment to many country, classical, or classic rock albums...

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
i did a reset settings as my battery life was abysmal (4 hours max) and behold, all my cover art (except one) appeared

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
I have the same issue. All the tracks have album art but in landscape many dont show. Don't want to reset my settings so I will just live with it.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

OK well I'm about to head out - off to see the Stone Roses (again) - happy days.

Anyway, I'll definitely be trying this tomorrow, just hope I can remember all my settings :).

How long did it take for all your album art to return, or was it almost instant?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just keen to get this right.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Fantastic, this worked! Well, pretty much anyway in that only a few tracks from my large library don't show the album art.

The Artists view is still screwy, but I can live with that for now.

Thank you macachia!

. . . How long did it take for all your album art to return, or was it almost instant? . . .

In answer to my own question, I resisted the temptation to go straight into the Music app after the reset and decided to go through all the settings to return them to my preferences.

This took around 5 minutes plus and I then opened Music to find that the artwork was there on the Landscape Tiles view.

On another note , now I can see it in all its glory (so to speak), I really do prefer this Landscape Tile view to Coverflow. It displays far more albums at once, making it much more useful.

kanyonb38

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
PA, USA
iOS 7 and album cover art

I have the exact same problem. All my cover art is there when viewing by song but when I switch to cover flow, some albums disappear.

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Fantastic, this worked! Well, pretty much anyway in that only a few tracks from my large library don't show the album art.

The Artists view is still screwy, but I can live with that for now.

Thank you macachia!

In answer to my own question, I resisted the temptation to go straight into the Music app after the reset and decided to go through all the settings to return them to my preferences.

This took around 5 minutes plus and I then opened Music to find that the artwork was there on the Landscape Tiles view.

On another note , now I can see it in all its glory (so to speak), I really do prefer this Landscape Tile view to Coverflow. It displays far more albums at once, making it much more useful.

more than welcome, glad it helped :)

gmori7

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
I too have wrong match and random album art cover in Artist view in music App with iPhone 5 on iOS 7. Someone has figured how to fix this? I installed iOS 7 twice, and I'm pretty sure artist view was correct the first time... However, the new "Coverflow" display is great as well as the Songs display.

Thank you guys!

gmori7

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Hi guys, I just found a fix for my last posted issue. I went to Music app settings in settings app, and I just disabled ''Group by artist'' and this solved the problem! I still can show my music by artist and the cover art are the good ones for each artist, great!

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Hi guys, I just found a fix for my last posted issue. I went to Music app settings in settings app, and I just disabled ''Group by artist'' and this solved the problem! I still can show my music by artist and the cover art are the good ones for each artist, great!

This is another great find - cheers.

I had to toggle this switch a few times and close/reopen the app but, in the end, I would say 95% + of my Artists & Albums now have the correct artwork.

That's good enough for me on a beta.

mszigeti

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
Am i dreaming or the music app does not convert the album covers to a general size (and ratio), but shows them in their original ratio instead? My albums are not from iTunes mostly and i like to add a high res cover to them (looks much better on the retina display) - so they vary; some looks taller (like 4:3) and some like 16:9.

Hmm..

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
So apparently Group by Artist is now working as it's supposed to . . .

i1flux.jpg

Music App has been updated - the artists default photo used to be a random album cover from within your collection. Now it looks like its an iTunes default profile picture. Much nicer.

hope the batter has improved though. thats what i really care about.

Not sure I dare to try it in case it messes up my other views again . . . anyone brave enough?

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
So apparently Group by Artist is now working as it's supposed to . . .

Not sure I dare to try it in case it messes up my other views again . . . anyone brave enough?

So I decided to brave it and guess what . . .

It WORKS !!!!

Now I have the correct album art / artist picture in all views.

For the time being anyway ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.