Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
If you read the full report, you will see that the lifetime value of an Apple user has dropped much faster than their purchases per iTunes account. In other words Apple users should be abandoning Apple rapidly. All the Apple hate sure has people thinking that Apple is horrible, but those who use it love it! Lots of upside for Apple the stock and Apple the company, despite all the negative, and its all proven by the numbers.

Most of the recent users don't plan on buying anything. Like my mom, her friends and my mother in law

Lots of free apps

umerakawaru

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
DRM movie limitations

Perhaps the $40.00 purchase average per month has to do with Apple's DRM limitations. I purchased a VGA adapter for my iPod Touch. I can watch Netflix but I cannot watch my SD or HD iTunes movies. I was infuriated during a movie night with my friends. The movie I had purchased showed up on the screen then goes blank with the message on my iPod "The connected display is not authorized to play protected movies". That's when I decided never to purchase movies on iTunes if its available elsewhere, like on Google Play. I gladly spend my money elsewhere. I LOVE Mac OS X for work ( music production) but I'm getting the hell out of Apple's mobile ecosystem. Blackberry 10 looks good and responsive. Disclaimer: The makers of the OS, QNX, are headquartered in my city... ;)

paul4339

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
Actually meant Ebay. If you are a seller on Ebay, you are required. I would think Ebay has many sellers? Also said I could be wrong.

According eBay (January 16th, 2013) the company has 112.3 million active users.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Perhaps the $40.00 purchase average per month has to do with Apple's DRM limitations. I purchased a VGA adapter for my iPod Touch. I can watch Netflix but I cannot watch my SD or HD iTunes movies. I was infuriated during a movie night with my friends. The movie I had purchased showed up on the screen then goes blank with the message on my iPod "The connected display is not authorized to play protected movies". That's when I decided never to purchase movies on iTunes if its available elsewhere, like on Google Play. I gladly spend my money elsewhere. I LOVE Mac OS X for work ( music production) but I'm getting the hell out of Apple's mobile ecosystem. Blackberry 10 looks good and responsive. Disclaimer: The makers of the OS, QNX, are headquartered in my city... ;)

Well this is more at fault with the movie studios than apple. I mean they are the ones who want the limitations Apple would rather give you as many options as possible so you use their service. The "ecosystem" is not to blame, it is the entertainment industry.

You know what pisses me off? I can rent a movie for 24 hours at Redbox for 1.50 but that same rental on iTunes is 5-6 dollars.. wtf. That my friend is ********.

Of course Apple does not decide pricing, they can try their damn best to negotiate but ultimately a deal has to be signed by the other guys.

MegamanX

macrumors regular
May 13, 2013
Doesn't reflect the number of users,

Still unable to merge/migrate iTunes accounts

to me the fact that they can not merge/migrate iTunes accounts tells me that something is fundamentally wrong with how their databases are set up.

That should not be to hard of an issue to fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.