Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tristanjesus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
How can i Use Parallels on my Mac OS X moutain lion 10.8.3 ? And how do i install properly i cannot see anyguide on Google on how i can do it? And sometimes when i some Pages that can help me Run a Windows application something like this pops up:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find winebottler.kronenberg.org
Try reloading: winebottler.*kronenberg.*org
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of winebottler.*kronenberg.*org
Go to kronenberg.*org
Search on Google:

OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS: :(:(:(:(

The server at login.live.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected

---------------

I try what is suggest so i can open up the page but nothing happen, Hope you can give me a tutorial on using parallels and how i can install them properly and hope you can help me on those pages that doesn't load properly on Mac. ThankYou, and Godbless everyone :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
Parallels Desktop is for running Windows* or another OS like any Linux distro inside your running Mac OS X, also called "virtualisation". When using Parallels Desktop to run Windows, Windows is a Virtual Machine (VM).

You mentioned Google Chrome, of which there is a Mac OS X version.

Your error message mentioned "winebottler", which is a system to run Windows applications inside Mac OS X without the need for a Virtual Machine of Windows being present. It works with some applications, but not all.

You also mentioned "Pages", which probably does not refer to the iWork application Pages from Apple but probably a website and you just capitalised it by accident.

Anyway, is there any special website you want to access that gives you trouble? Is it live.com? And why again do you want to install Parallels to install Windows?
Btw, if you use a www search engine with "parallels desktop install windows mac" as search terms, you will find plenty of guides on how to install Windows as a VM in Parallels Desktop on a Mac, even some video guides.

* Booting Windows on the Mac

tristanjesus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
First of all, ThankYou For your Help :))

Yes, I know about it :). That thing on Parallel and in WineBottler. Because i want to use or download, i mean to try WineBottler first, so i will not have any problems on downloading that Parallel because its to Hard. Hehe :D.

A. So what should with that iWork thing? To open those pages?

Yes, Think so? Or Maybe not. Because you know as i search for programs that can help me to work Windows app on my Mac there is Top 10, Parallels, Guest Pc, VM ware and etc. But sometimes when i try to download their sites dont open up, some kind of error i dont know? I want to use Parallel so that i can run Windows App. :). Wanna use it, if i Cannot use simple application that instanly run Windows app :)).
If i search in to it, do you think that Parallel will work on Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Leopard? Because i download an app could crossover or something its not supported and i dont know why? So i wanna make sure if it works?

ThankYou Hope you can help me Again :)

----------

First of all, ThankYou For your Help :))

Yes, I know about it :). That thing on Parallel and in WineBottler. Because i want to use or download, i mean to try WineBottler first, so i will not have any problems on downloading that Parallel because its to Hard. Hehe :D.

A. So what should with that iWork thing? To open those pages?

Yes, Think so? Or Maybe not. Because you know as i search for programs that can help me to work Windows app on my Mac there is Top 10, Parallels, Guest Pc, VM ware and etc. But sometimes when i try to download their sites dont open up, some kind of error i dont know? I want to use Parallel so that i can run Windows App. :). Wanna use it, if i Cannot use simple application that instanly run Windows app :)).
If i search in to it, do you think that Parallel will work on Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Leopard? Because i download an app could crossover or something its not supported and i dont know why? So i wanna make sure if it works?

ThankYou Hope you can help me Again :)

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
I have to admit I am stuggling to read and understand what you have written. If you want to run Windows/Windows apps for free beyond Wine, try VirtualBox (you will need a Windows install).

Both Parallels and VirtualBox require you to create a virtual environment and install Windows, then you can install and run Windows programs within.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
How can i Use Parallels on my Mac OS X moutain lion 10.8.3 ? And how do i install properly i cannot see anyguide on Google on how i can do it? And sometimes when i some Pages that can help me Run a Windows application something like this pops up:
For Parallels documentation have you tried the companies website? They have documentation and other resources there.

tristanjesus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
I have to admit I am stuggling to read and understand what you have written. If you want to run Windows/Windows apps for free beyond Wine, try VirtualBox (you will need a Windows install).

Both Parallels and VirtualBox require you to create a virtual environment and install Windows, then you can install and run Windows programs within.

Im Sorry for my english. Yep, i want to run Windows on my Mac, but before that i want to use Wine but i cannot open their website can you help about it?

For Parallels documentation have you tried the companies website? They have documentation and other resources there.

I wanna try Wine first.:)

ThankYou For the Help Guys! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Im Sorry for my english. Yep, i want to run Windows on my Mac, but before that i want to use Wine but i cannot open their website can you help about it?

I wanna try Wine first. :)

ThankYou For the Help Guys! :)

VirtualBox is free.

What app(s) do you need to run?

tristanjesus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
VirtualBox is free.

What app(s) do you need to run?

A. So VirtualBox is much better than Parallel??? :)
IDM (Internet Download Manager) Because with this app when i play a video i can download it. For short, means i can Grab it in all of the sites that some videograbber on Mac cant. That all what i want for my Mac :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.