Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which carrier?

• T-Mobile

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Sprint

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • AT&T

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Verizon

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Unlocked (Post Wanted SIM)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Not getting an iPhone 5S

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

iSir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I'll pick T-Mobile, much better than my current iPhone 5 Verizon.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I have ATT: $100 a month for fantastic coverage and speed.
boyfriend has sprint: terrible speed and battery life, likely because of the coverage. Unlimited data though.
friend with verizon: voice OR data. still expensive.
friend with tmobile: fast, cheap, great coverage and call quality.

I'm going to tmobile. I just hope they release it in august.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Same as with the 5 or 4 or 3... The carrier who has the most and fastest towers at locations u frequent, with the plans to ur liking.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'll pick T-Mobile, much better than my current iPhone 5 Verizon.

I've had AT&T since the first iPhone and since I have a tower about a block away from me, I will be staying with AT&T. Their service has always been good for me and I can't think of any complaints over the years.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Having seen how my friend's Verizon iPhone 5 has been fairing in both data speeds and battery life (just anecdotal), I will be sticking with AT&T. T-Mobile is a distant second.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I am on the fence

Between sticking with AT&T and changing over to T-Mobile. Just found out my job is finally offering all employees a chance to get cell phone service through them. If I could get a better payment plan with slightly more features than I have now (and ensure that this is my phone and not a company phone so to speak) maybe I will jump.

If that doesn't work for me, then I might try T-Mobile's non contract option come november when AT&T contract expires at that time.

Sprint I will never, ever go near again. And Verzion isn't my favorite company.

james1758

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013
UK
3 network, their 3g speeds are much better than o2 and t-mobile, plus they have unlimited data plans as standard!

hexomega

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2013
Verizon. AT&T's ship sailed for me long ago. As for t-mobile, my housemate had it until last year and the service was no where near as good. I would have five bars and he would have one or two.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
At the very least you forgot "Other" as an option. Of course just adding "Other" would get the most probably due to the international nature of the forum.

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I'll prick Verizon because I just got a job with them and we get an awesome discount on our monthly plan.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Why would I pay for tiered data when AT&T has kindly allowed me to enjoy it since my very first iPhone (mind you back in 2007) with unlimited data.

So obvious option is obvious, I stick to AT&T. Their network has proven robust in my area.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
AT&T. Really no reason to switch. They mostly have LTE here, and the places that don't have LTE still have HSPA+, which I've tested at 8-9 Mbps at times. T-Mobile would be cheaper but their indoor coverage isn't as great. Plus, each of the lines on the account expire at a different time.

Not thinking about getting a 5S yet. No such thing is available right now, so I can't decide if I'd want one. But I like my 4S on 5.1.1, so I may not upgrade

awesomest47

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2012
AT&T I love the freedom that a GSM iPhone gives once a contract is up. Plus talk and surf is actually pretty useful for me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.