Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I was wondering when will the Back to school apple special start in 2013. My 2008 macbook pro 15" the ethernet just went out. I'm thinking about replacing it.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Really looking forward to the back to school offer. Do they announce this at WWDC or will it be a more quiet new item?

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
I heard a rumor that it may be an iPad Mini this year. Who knows if that is true or not. The iTunes gift card is very underwhelming though. I am hoping for something other than that.

Semester

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2011
I heard a rumor that it may be an iPad Mini this year. Who knows if that is true or not. The iTunes gift card is very underwhelming though. I am hoping for something other than that.

An iPad mini if I buy a MacBook air? That sounds just crazy, I would even say lavish.

I already have an iPad (and I'm not alone in that) so I'd rather see a gift card actually.

barrk

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
An iPad mini if I buy a MacBook air? That sounds just crazy, I would even say lavish.

I already have an iPad (and I'm not alone in that) so I'd rather see a gift card actually.

You could probably ebay the iPad for more than $100

gamerish

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I think iPad Mini's are bit too much to give away completely for free. Maybe they'll be free for purchases over $1500, and $200 off for under $1500?

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
I've started to doubt they will do the back to school promo at all. Apple seem like they don't need to give discounts anymore from their growth in the market

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
I've started to doubt they will do the back to school promo at all. Apple seem like they don't need to give discounts anymore from their growth in the market

I find it unlikely that they would completely scrap their biggest sale without any notice. It is just too close the the usual date for them to announce that they will not be doing the promotion. I expect It to start Monday.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
I'm not sure they would announce that there is no announcement. Apple doesn't have to discount. I hope you're right. Roll on Monday!

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
I'm not sure they would announce that there is no announcement. Apple doesn't have to discount. I hope you're right. Roll on Monday!

Maybe not an announcement, but at least a leak. There has been no indication that there wouldn't be one this year. You could be right though. We shall just wait and see!

techguy20

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2010
I am hopeful (not confident, but still hopeful ;)) that they'll announce it today, as one of the ways to conclude WWDC.

But I agree that launching it on a Friday would be a little weird.

In any case, I'm ready to get a new MBA as soon as it's out!

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2013
It typically is announced during the conference from the other dates that I have found. I wonder if Father's Day is throwing a wrench in it. That's why I am thinking Monday.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
It typically is announced during the conference from the other dates that I have found. I wonder if Father's Day is throwing a wrench in it. That's why I am thinking Monday.

yeah they probably don't want to discount prior to fathers day, but who knows. I'm hopeful for Monday too but it could be the 24th instead. Otherwise they have to deal with a lot of 'exchanges' or at least angry customers.

RustDude

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2013
I just hope they announce it soon because I'm looking into buying a Macbook Pro as my first laptop come next weekend. And if I don't get a bonus for the back to school sale, it would be extremely disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.