Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which carrier?

• T-Mobile

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Sprint

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • AT&T

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Verizon

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Unlocked (Post Wanted SIM)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Not getting an iPhone 5S

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

kramjam

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
California
Been with AT&T since the 3GS, and don't have any real reason to switch. LTE speeds are terrific, the coverage is spotty in certain areas sometimes, but nothing that makes me feel like I have to switch to Verizon.

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
Still undecided between staying with Sprint or switching to T-Mobile. Both should have nice LTE coverage here by the Fall, Sprint will have the LTE 800/2500 advantage, but will the 5S even support it?

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
sorry to be political -

I'll never use Sprint given it has or will be acquired by China.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
AT&T all the way because it has by far the greatest coverage along major Interstate highways!

Having tested out T-Mobile its not fund being on the road with "E" or "o" - not that i travel daily, however I do every couple of months

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
Ummmm China?

Japanese company Softbank to buy up Spring. Softbank control is 1/3 Chinese via stock and the technology is all produced in China.

This transaction is a major concern to some of our Senators as well as it gives a very "inside" the USA ability for cyber attacks. So yes, China will gain control and access in a buy up of Sprint and yes, given the last several years of cyber attack and hacking done by China it should be a concern.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Though I'm not getting the 5s, I'm sticking with Straight Talk until they get me for breaking their policies or until another carrier is cheaper and has decent data limits with a fair price.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Japanese company Softbank to buy up Spring. Softbank control is 1/3 Chinese via stock and the technology is all produced in China.

This transaction is a major concern to some of our Senators as well as it gives a very "inside" the USA ability for cyber attacks. So yes, China will gain control and access in a buy up of Sprint and yes, given the last several years of cyber attack and hacking done by China it should be a concern.

Nope. SoftBank has already pledged to not use Chinese equipment for the Sprint network in the United States

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/28/4159374/sprint-softbank-promise-not-to-use-chinese-networking-equipment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.