Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeanKH19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Hi

I have the latest version of Snow Leopard and I want to change my profile picture to a file downloaded from the internet. When I click my profile picture in System Preferences > Users & Groups there used to be an "edit picture" button that isn't there anymore. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks.

Elbert C

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2008
AK, USA
Hi

I have the latest version of Snow Leopard and I want to change my profile picture to a file downloaded from the internet. When I click my profile picture in System Preferences > Users & Groups there used to be an "edit picture" button that isn't there anymore. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks.

Click on your profile icon in System Preferences > Accounts > Edit Picture... > locate the picture you want to use or just choose one of the Apple supplied pictures.

Communicator

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
To change your Profile Picture

From the Desktop:
choose GO,
then Computer,
then Macintosh HD,
then Library,
then User Picture.
Create a new folder with any name you want and drag your new profile picture into the folder and exit out.
Then choose you new profile picture via System Preferences / Users and Groups.
The new profile picture will appear as one of the Default Pics.

This certainly works on Mountain Lion.
Hope it helps you.

Communicator

Last edited:

SeanKH19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
not sitting at my computer now, but isn't there a plus '+' sign ?

The only + sign anywhere in the Users & Groups menu is for adding a new user. When I click on the profile picture the only options it gives me are "Defaults" "Recents" and "Camera." Nowhere in there is an option to add or edit a picture.
Really frustrating.

Elbert C

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2008
AK, USA
The only + sign anywhere in the Users & Groups menu is for adding a new user. When I click on the profile picture the only options it gives me are "Defaults" "Recents" and "Camera." Nowhere in there is an option to add or edit a picture.
Really frustrating.

I get those options with my Mac mini running OS X 10.8.4 but, with my MBP running OS X 10.6.8 I get the Edit Picture... option with the list of default photos that I can use. Are you sure your Mac is running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.