Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Absolutely false!

The more white the color the more light is needed = more power.

Don't put false things in forums it confuses people.

How is he 'confusing people' when he says 'As far as I know' meaning there is an open possibility he could be wrong. Please - actually read and digest what people write rather than quickly scanning then coming to conclusions.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Anyways, I can say after a week I'm growing tired of the white/brightness. Especially at nighttime. Apple doesn't have to incorporate themes. But I'll gladly take a section option for a darker refined theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

schlitter22

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
My battery life was still so bad, even after I turned off auto app update and most location services, that I downgraded back to 6.1.4. I will stick with it until the Beta 2 is released and try it again :(

SynPiekarza

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2011
Absolutely false!

The more white the color the more light is needed = more power.

Don't put false things in forums it confuses people.

First of all, I didn't mean to confuse anybody.

There is a number of studies which show that black screens do in fact drain more power. It's not huge, but again, my post wasn't entirely serious to begin with.

Also, a white screen (or at least a bright image) requires less backlight, because it is quite bright itself, while a black screen (or say, a dark photo displayed) requires more backlight to bump the contrasts. Such adaptive backlight is often used in many devices ranging from TVs to laptops. I don't think iPhones do that at the moment, they only respond to ambient light, but they may begin from iOS 7 :)
Although I'd rather they didn't.

mattrubi

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
Error 4005

Guys, i'm getting an iPhone could not be restored 4005 error trying to update via iTunes - any ideas? This iPhone 5 is in recovery mode

Dev account up to date.
UDID on file etc.

I've tried the iOS 7 beta file and clicking on the normal restore option to pick up 6.1.x etc but I get the same error message.

I've been using betas for a number of years and this is the first time that I've had any issues.

Cheers

Having the same issue....were you able to find a resolution??

I'm DESPERATE!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.