Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Just a quick one, but have the music controls been removed from the multitasking menu? Typically I could double tap, swipe right and have control of my music, but I cannot see that option.

Has it been removed or do I need to 'switch it on'? :confused:

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
It has been relocated to the Control Center, which can be activated by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. Much easier to execute IMO. :)

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Just a quick one, but have the music controls been removed from the multitasking menu? Typically I could double tap, swipe right and have control of my music, but I cannot see that option.

Has it been removed or do I need to 'switch it on'? :confused:
It's been removed, since multitasking is a full screen feature. There's nowhere for the music controls to go.

Although your request is a bit bizarre considering that music controls can be accessed from a single swipe up anywhere on the phone.

qtaran111

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
No music controls in multi-tasking as they've been moved to Control Center, which is available from every screen.

Just swipe up and there they are. No need to double tap and swipe.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
You know I keep forgetting about that swipe up functionality. I'm sure I'll get used to that eventually...

Thank you for the replies. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.