Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvir971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Israel
Hey,
Can someone post a picture of an incoming call on the Lock Screen (I mean when the iPhone is locked and not in use, because I saw how it looks when the iPhone is in use).
I mean, I wonder how it looks since there is no "slide to unlock" bar. I hope it not looks like Android.

Jab00

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Boulder,CO
Hey,
Can someone post a picture of an incoming call on the Lock Screen (I mean when the iPhone is locked and not in use, because I saw how it looks when the iPhone is in use).
I mean, I wonder how it looks since there is no "slide to unlock" bar. I hope it not looks like Android.

Well since everyone else seems to be giving unhelpful and smartass answers I figured I would post a picture for ya looks pretty much like you would expect it to base on the rest of the OS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 269

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Decline was never on lock screen, was it? Or did it appear when you raised the options.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
The decline button seems to be gone when receiving a call on locked iPhone? How to reject a call? 2x power/standby? Pretty annoying to let it ring until VM kicks in..

Decline was never on lock screen, was it? Or did it appear when you raised the options.

Decline was never on the lockscreen. It's only when the iPhone is unlocked and you receive an incoming call.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Decline is on the lock screen if you slide the bar up in iOS 6

Yup. I believe that is correct. I only did it once by mistake. The power button once to mute the ringer worked just fine for me.

I did notice how it was easier to accidentally answer a call while in my pocket now with iOS 7.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
I kept tapping the big green bar, because I couldn't see the "slide" text at all. I finally figured it out after missing a few phone calls. :(

Same. They need to overlay some landing strip type arrows over the buttons your are supposed to slide.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Same. They need to overlay some landing strip type arrows over the buttons your are supposed to slide.

Yup, same for the lock screen (and the up arrow for control centre right below where is says "Slide to unlock" causing confusion). I always slide right to left as I'm left handed when I try to open the phone... The new design is just being a little too minimalist and slick for its own good in some areas.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Yup, same for the lock screen (and the up arrow for control centre right below where is says "Slide to unlock" causing confusion). I always slide right to left as I'm left handed when I try to open the phone... The new design is just being a little too minimalist and slick for its own good in some areas.
What I found amazing is that even after having an iPhone for 4+ years, I still attempted to slide up on the lockscreen to unlock because I saw the control center arrow. Almost everybody I've handed my phone to has done this as well, despite all having iPhones and iPads.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
What I found amazing is that even after having an iPhone for 4+ years, I still attempted to slide up on the lockscreen to unlock because I saw the control center arrow. Almost everybody I've handed my phone to has done this as well, despite all having iPhones and iPads.

For some reason I just presumed it was slide to unlock (the way it has always been) so thats what I did when I first installed iOS 7. They do need to make it clearer though - i'm sure it will change over the beta process.

----------

It is a Beta and Apple have stated that the UI will change throughout the process.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

Not amazing at all. I installed iOS 7, saw the control center arrow beneath the "slide to unlock" text, and thought, "Oh, they must have changed the slide direction." I think that's a very natural thought to have, given the positioning of the arrow and text.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Well since everyone else seems to be giving unhelpful and smartass answers I figured I would post a picture for ya looks pretty much like you would expect it to base on the rest of the OS

When you slide, does the label move (like the button on iOS 6? Seems it would be awkward if you slide over the green and it doesn't move and it just answers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.