Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first trailer for Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' was released earlier today, giving the wider public its first glimpse at the movie after it premiered at the Sundance Film Festival to mixed reviews earlier this year.

The film was originally scheduled for release in April, but will now receive a widespread release on August 16, 2013. A minute-long clip was released back in January but the trailer showcases a number of scenes from the film.

"Jobs", which stars Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak, is one of several Jobs-related films in the works or already released. Back in April, rumor site Funny or Die released a rather poorly received "iSteve" comedy film starring Justin Long, who had played the "Mac" character in Apple's long-running "Mac vs. PC" ad campaign.

A third film is being written by Aaron Sorkin and is the official adaptation of Jobs' authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The film, which is still in the early stages of development, is planned to encompass three 30-minute scenes showing Jobs backstage just prior to the launches of the original Mac, NeXT, and the iPod.

Article Link: First Trailer for Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' Released

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Yes! I hope this trailer is indicative of how the movie really is! I loved the trailer!!

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Screen_Shot_2013_06_21_at_18_21_01.png

That's just eerie. Can't wait.

bluush

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2007
Wow in some scenes the resemblance between Kutcher and Jobs is really stunning, I had no idea they looked so similar.

Looks like a great movie based on this trailer, almost like the Apple version of The Social Network

AppleVsAndroid

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2012
Am I the only one absolutely not interested in this...?

Count me in with you. I cannot imagine some person who knows nothing takes the place of Legend. I would have rather preferred some unknown new face playing the role of Jobs than this guy. Its just me :D

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Jobs competing with Man of Steel, good luck! :p

Ohh.... this film is way better, trust me.

there is a joke I was reading the other day between Batman and Superman. Superman was telling Batman: I have laser beans in my eyes, I am stronger, I can fly at the speed of light.

While Batman replies: My movies are better.

And Superman started to cry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.