Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
More, better iPad only apps. Also features that set it apart from an iPhone immediately besides the rotating springboard and the fact it says iPad lol. It feels like the same experience tbh

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I find that a number of apps I'm running are iPad specific Apps. And then are are some universal apps that have a different UI for the iPad.

It might be your choice of apps that is giving you the same experience.

marcovortex

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2009
Toronto, ON
Not much. I'm currently using a iPad 3 and I think more CPU/gpu power would help with running the retina screen. (I'm going to guess iPad 4 has already helped there thou) I really find the iPad my go to device and its just about perfect for me.
Number one change would be weight. It's not super heavy or anything but since the iPad is designed to mostly be held a nice reduction in weight would have me upgrading to iPad 5 on day one.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I got this laptop case for my iPad that practically defeats the purpose of it, it's a zagg keyboard thing but I can see tons of people using their iPad when they're on the bed and too lazy to get up. I plan on getting an MBA by the end of August anyway

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I think the iPad should support all wireless printers, even if it required an additional download for your specific non AirPrint printers. Some sort of file management and a generic folder for files that all apps can access and share would be nice. And since this is my wish list let me add expandable storage too.

bri1212

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
I got this laptop case for my iPad that practically defeats the purpose of it, it's a zagg keyboard thing but I can see tons of people using their iPad when they're on the bed and too lazy to get up. I plan on getting an MBA by the end of August anyway

What is your ipad not doing that you need to get an mba?

PennCentralFan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2009
Twin Cities
I want the ipad mini to have a file system that is just like a pc. Why can't we have a C drive on the ipad mini? And I want easier ways to save files on my ipad mini. Like I said it should be like a mac book pro for saving files.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Print to PDF throughout the whole system would be great for me personally. OS X has this, why not iPad/iPhone? I never understood why this is not baked-in myself. It would be so useful. There are some 3rd party apps that do this, but it's clunky.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I feel like my iPad Mini does everything I want to. Watch Netflix, HBO GO, surf the web, look at PowerPoints/documents, etc. all in a small form factor that I can take everywhere in my backpack without even noticing it.

For everything else I have no problem using my MBP or iMac.

arbogast777

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
File system. Moving downloads from iTunes to an external HD is the only reason I hang onto my Air

TheRealCBONE

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
Print to PDF throughout the whole system would be great for me personally. OS X has this, why not iPad/iPhone? I never understood why this is not baked-in myself. It would be so useful. There are some 3rd party apps that do this, but it's clunky.

No file system, so you would end up with PDFs all over the place. Doubt it would ever happen. Opening things up slightly so that you can push to certain apps would be nice. A "push to (insert pdf maker)" share option would be acceptable.

----------

I want the ipad mini to have a file system that is just like a pc. Why can't we have a C drive on the ipad mini? And I want easier ways to save files on my ipad mini. Like I said it should be like a mac book pro for saving files.

Now that there is the super innovation of tags in Apple OSs, why would pushing to a single pool of files with an indelible origin app tag be so complicated?

coolwater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
I want to make phone calls on the iPad Mini - not via third-party apps. Apple can charge me the full iPhone price; I will buy.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
No file system, so you would end up with PDFs all over the place. Doubt it would ever happen. Opening things up slightly so that you can push to certain apps would be nice. A "push to (insert pdf maker)" share option would be acceptable.

There is a file system, Apple just doesn't let you have access to it. :)

But all they would have to do is create the PDF and then let you open it in any app that supports them like they do now.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I'm pretty happy with it the way it is. The only thing I could really think of is that they open up the bluetooth profile so that I can send things from my Macbooks or Android devices to it instead of having to email. I don't even care about retina, the display is nice already/ Retina might increase the price.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Unfortunatly, your Mini will never have Retina.

I would love it if iPad apps could snap to half the screen size so i could watch Hulu while I browse and do other things.

MY mini will because I won't get one until it does. Something tells me I'm not alone thinking that.

yth

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
This thread explains why Apple doesn't ask customers what they want. In general, customers have no clue what they want - and are too unimaginative to think beyond incremental improvements. You guys act like the iPad is nearly perfect. Give me a break. It's not even close.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.