Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rampancy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
For anyone who's a GOG addict like me, GOG has just released their "#noDRM" Summer Sale for 2013, on until July 5th.

http://www.gog.com/news/2013_nodrm_summer_sale_begins_on_gogcom

Once again: More than 500 games 50% off until July 5. Daily Deals bringing the discount even up to 85%. Torchlight distributed as a free gift to all GOG.com users until Thursday, June 20, at 12:59PM GMT. We'll throw exciting offers at you daily, so consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube just to make sure you're not missing out. That's it! The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!

Their free Torchlight promo is still on until tomorrow, and right now (June 19th), they've got an insane deal on The Witcher 2: 70% off for $5.99 (!!!). They've got pretty much all of their Mac games on sale (including their recently released Mac port of System Shock 2, I think), so get them while the gettin's good!

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
For anyone who's a GOG addict like me, GOG has just released their "#noDRM" Summer Sale for 2013, on until July 5th.

http://www.gog.com/news/2013_nodrm_summer_sale_begins_on_gogcom

Their free Torchlight promo is still on until tomorrow, and right now (June 19th), they've got an insane deal on The Witcher 2: 70% off for $5.99 (!!!). They've got pretty much all of their Mac games on sale (including their recently released Mac port of System Shock 2, I think), so get them while the gettin's good!

I was going to post this but you beat me :)

I like that you can buy Neverwinter Nights 2 complete cheaply, then go get a fan based mod to play Baldurs Gate using the Neverwinter game engine, looks pretty fine to me.

Oh well time to open the wallet again, I must stop buying from GoG

Last edited:

tomvos

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
In the Nexus.
Thanks for the hint. I’ve got Torchlight already on Steam, but having a DRM free copy as well is a bonus.

And it’s amazing how many games they wrapped into DOSbox or WINE. I just discovered that they updated my copy of Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri with the Alien Crossfire extension — for free. Now, that’s quite a contrast to all the DLC crap going on at the moment.

Currently I can only say two thumbs up for GOG. :)

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
There is a ton of amazing deals up today I noticed. Fortunately, I own all the stuff from them that I'd want at this point. I need to shop less and play more but the sales at GOG and Steam, particularly in the Summer and Winter often get the best of me.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
There is a ton of amazing deals up today I noticed. Fortunately, I own all the stuff from them that I'd want at this point. I need to shop less and play more but the sales at GOG and Steam, particularly in the Summer and Winter often get the best of me.

Have to agree with this :)

Another two games purchased today :)

I did not highlight Steam because I stopped using it sometime ago.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
GOG is a lot like crack, but, if you are going to get addicted to something, DRM-free games is not such a bad thing.

In fact, I have pretty much stopped my buying activity on Steam, and I'm focusing fully on supporting GOG, & DRM-free games...esp. since Microsoft seems hell-bent on making DRM the future.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
GOG is a lot like crack, but, if you are going to get addicted to something, DRM-free games is not such a bad thing.

In fact, I have pretty much stopped my buying activity on Steam, and I'm focusing fully on supporting GOG, & DRM-free games...esp. since Microsoft seems hell-bent on making DRM the future.

You got that right, very addictive site :)

Microsoft are like the Borg, they want to assimulate you.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
You got that right, very addictive site :)

Microsoft are like the Borg, they want to assimulate you.

That just made me laugh out loud. Ain't it the truth?

Well, they ain't getting me! I am heading for Mac or bust and console for the rest and that console sure as hell won't be an Xbox.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland

Same problem here - a lot of games bought over the last two years but close to ZERO spare time to play them... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.