Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Comparing the music player in iOS 6 and iOS 7, the playback controls and the volume slider are much closer to each other in iOS 7. For me, this has been a problem. Several times I've meant to tap the button to advance to the next song, and instead I hit the volume slider and shot the volume to max. Has anyone else had this problem?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Comparing the music player in iOS 6 and iOS 7, the playback controls and the volume slider are much closer to each other in iOS 7. For me, this has been a problem. Several times I've meant to tap the button to advance to the next song, and instead I hit the volume slider and shot the volume to max. Has anyone else had this problem?

No. I haven't.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan

Yeah I noticed this too. The song scrubber touch target is WAAAAAAY to small. Thats also a problem system wide I think.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Yeah I noticed this too. The song scrubber touch target is WAAAAAAY to small. Thats also a problem system wide I think.

Who scrubs songs often anyway?

----------

Do you listen to a part of the song and think "Oh, I really want to hear that again, right now"?

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009

----------

Do you listen to a part of the song and think "Oh, I really want to hear that again, right now"?

Listen... Its not the time scrubber its the volume slider he is talking about.

Instead of playing the next song, he moves the volume slider higher.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Listen... Its not the time scrubber its the volume slider he is talking about.

Instead of playing the next song, he moves the volume slider higher.

He said song scrubber, not volume scrubber.

Stop putting words in his mouth, he's a grown ass man!

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I know, I quoted Johnny Boy, not you my good man.

Thank you. I dont scrub songs often but I still do sometimes. Compared to iOS 6 it was insanely difficult for me to scrub. And I dont have fat sausage fingers :p

Maybe he was getting touch targets confused with things cramped together.....

Will2145

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Why won't my earphone controls work when I don't go into the music app .. It won't work if I play it through the control centre or press play on the control once

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
you should be able to access the music app from the lock screen when a song is playing. You can do it from control centre when unlocked but not when locked.....

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA

Layout is too cramped and terrible grey font for the artist (completely unreadable) and scrubber times. LOL and that scrubber bar is so damn thin that I don't think I even noticed it until this thread!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 123

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Layout is too cramped and terrible grey font for the artist (completely unreadable) and scrubber times. LOL and that scrubber bar is so damn thin that I don't think I even noticed it until this thread!

Urgh! At least make the position indicator dot a little bigger! I can hardly see it! :( :mad:

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Does anyone else find it nearly impossible to select things like the letters to scroll to a particular artist? Or to click on the match download buttons with any type of consistency?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Does anyone else find it nearly impossible to select things like the letters to scroll to a particular artist? Or to click on the match download buttons with any type of consistency?

YES! The music app is so frustrating I haven't been back in it since the first day I installed the beta.

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Also can't shuffle shuffle a particular artist only. Its shuffle ONE album or nothing. So I have 18 A7x songs on my phone, It will shuffle only the 3 songs from Waking the Fallen, and stop! It needs to shuffle 1/18 not 1/3

And can't play all songs by an artist! If I have album A, and album B by Metallica, and 1 song from album a, and 5 from album B, tap song 1 on album A, It will only play that song, stopping without ever playing song1-5 on album B :(

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008

----------

I do all the time. I listen to lots of lectures and talks so it's an essential feature for me.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
The new song scrubber is entirely useless. The indicator is just about the same size as the bar itself, and as such getting it right is almost impossible the first time. Or second. Or third. I actually just gave up with the music app altogether. It's really bad in this beta.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Isn't that just an indicator rather than a scrubber on the lockscreen? To scrub you have to unlock the device and do it in the music app...?

Just confirmed that you can scrub from the lockscreen. Also, the scrub indicator in the music app is also tiny and difficult to grab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.