Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Seriously, go look at the trailer, people are already badmouthing Steve Jobs.

Not the movie, but the man himself.

Look, was Steve Jobs a saint? Hell no. But this man is the reason why you have a computer or laptop on your desk and can write those hateful comments.

This war between Android and Apple is just pathetic. It's such petty first world bullcrap.

A lot of people are talking about that whole Foxcom issue a while back with the people working horrible conditions to build ipads, even though there were literally hundreds of other companies that were doing the exact same thing, but no, apparently Apple were the only ones doing it.

I'm not some blind apple fanboy however, in fact the only apple device I own is a macbook air, I have a galaxy s4 for a phone and a kindle fire hd for a tablet, but this smear campaign against Steve Jobs is just downright pathetic.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think the movie looks bad, just because of they casted.

Does it really matter that people will be coming out against this movie? Not to me.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
From the trailer I saw today I think the movie looks pretty good, interesting at least. I hope it's an accurate portrayal. I never really followed Steve Jobs life or Woz, but I am interested in this point of view, and I'd like to hear Woz's opinion on it as well.

I am not a Kutcher fan but I think he did a good job in couple of his movies. The only movies I can think of that I liked him in are "Dude Where's My Car" and "The Butterfly Effect".

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Who cares? Everything has "haters".

This is always true.

Sometimes these haters are about trivial things (insert any brand vs. brand here), sometimes they're about huge things (insert any religion / political movement vs. religion / political movement here).

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I think the movie looks pretty good, I heard Woz hated it though.

Personally I think Kutcher looks just like a younger Steve, but Idk.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
The biggest problem with the movie is probably the fact that Kutcher can't act for toffee.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011

It's obvious. People who really don't know what Jobs was like see how Jobs was portrayed in the trailer and think that is what Jobs was really like. Hence the badmouthing. What they don't realise is Jobs is nothing like in the trailer. The movie from what I have read paints a terrible picture of Jobs so unlike him in real life.

If I didn't know any better I'd think Jobs was like the trailer. And I'd hate Jobs too. But I (as most of us here do too) know better. And know what Jobs was really like. SO we don't hate him.

----------

The biggest problem with the movie is probably the fact that Kutcher can't act for toffee.

I would agree 100%. Noah Wyle at least tried to do a decent Jobs. Kutcher comes off as "Everyone will love my acting here no matter how bad it is cause I'm Kutcher."

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Mr. Jobs was not a nice man, he’s going to have detractors.

Did you ever meet him?

Steve Jobs was not a saint. But considering that any tiny misstep and any character flaw has been reported, exaggerated and discussed to end by people for any number of weird reasons, I'd think that he was probably a nice enough person.

But your logic is upside down. Steve Jobs has detractors. Not because of his character, but because of the success of Apple. And because they are detractors, they detract from his character, when they can't detract from his success.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Did you ever meet him?

Steve Jobs was not a saint. But considering that any tiny misstep and any character flaw has been reported, exaggerated and discussed to end by people for any number of weird reasons, I'd think that he was probably a nice enough person.

But your logic is upside down. Steve Jobs has detractors. Not because of his character, but because of the success of Apple. And because they are detractors, they detract from his character, when they can't detract from his success.

when you abandon your children to go to work you are a bad person.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Not hating on Steve, but the movie looks awful. Especially that line by Woz at the end of the trailer. It looks like Big Bang Theory: The Movie.

lobeyonekenobi

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

I think he was a good businessman and genuinely loved Apple, he did co-found it after all but in his personal life according to his book he did seem to be self-centred and not be an attentive father.

Also like most movies it is probably "based" on his life, in other words fiction.

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Never mind how this year's movie harvest feels... lacking...
This is par for the course as a service member of the armed forces, not so much as a company exec. My sister was like that - she concentrated so much of her time towards work, her first marriage lasted less than a year.

(unsure if it's any coincidence she exclusively used Apple in her house...)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Look, was Steve Jobs a saint? Hell no. But this man is the reason why you have a computer or laptop on your desk and can write those hateful comments.

This war between Android and Apple is just pathetic. It's such petty first world bullcrap.

A lot of people are talking about that whole Foxcom issue a while back with the people working horrible conditions to build ipads, even though there were literally hundreds of other companies that were doing the exact same thing, but no, apparently Apple were the only ones doing it.

I'm not some blind apple fanboy however, in fact the only apple device I own is a macbook air, I have a galaxy s4 for a phone and a kindle fire hd for a tablet, but this smear campaign against Steve Jobs is just downright pathetic.

Why do you care if there are people who dislike Jobs, or the movie?

And why do you feel the need to defend Jobs or the movie?

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Never mind how this year's movie harvest feels... lacking...

This is par for the course as a service member of the armed forces, not so much as a company exec. My sister was like that - she concentrated so much of her time towards work, her first marriage lasted less than a year.

(unsure if it's any coincidence she exclusively used Apple in her house...)

one name…Lisa

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
Last week I was in a job trailer on a construction site and it was horrible. Someone had been smoking before the meeting and my clothes stunk afterward.

Oh.

Jobs trailer.

Never mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.